Life > Experiences

Give Your Heart To Your Friends This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It is the time of year for couples to rejoice and shower their significant others with love. It is also the time of year when many people are struck with the realization that unlike their friends, they are not in a relationship. However, Valentine’s Day is not meant only for couples– it can be celebrated with the people you love and cherish. Sure, you may not be in a relationship at the moment, but you can still give your heart to your friends this Valentine’s Day!

Jade Stephens
John Arano / Unsplash
Like other couples, you can go on a date with your friends as well. For example, you can have a Bob Ross painting session. You can pick any location that is comfortable, which may be the beach, a hill or a park, and paint in peace. This painting session is a date that will allow you and your friends to relax while enjoying each others’ company. This is just one idea for a date, but you can go anywhere on Valentine’s Day with your friends. Perhaps you may wish to go to the movie theater, an amusement park, the beach, an ice skating rink, etc. The possibilities for date locations are endless!

But, you do not even need to go out to have a fun date day with your friends. Instead, you could choose to stay home and spend time with your friends there. You can watch a movie, bake and cook, nap together and have a mini concert in a room all within your house! You might not have a significant other, but you can still have a wholesome date with your friends.

Photo by freestocks.org from Pexels
On Valentine’s Day, many people get their significant others a gift. To show how much your friends mean to you and how much you love them, you can also get them a gift on Valentine’s Day. The gift does not have to be expensive or extravagant. It can be something small like a card that shows your appreciation for them, a photograph of one of the best memories you have had with your friends or a video that you personally make. You do not have to buy an expensive gift to showcase your gratitude toward your friends– making your own gift will definitely still warm their hearts. 

scrapbooking
Estee Janssens
Valentine’s Day is all about cherishing the memories you have made with your loved ones, and one way you can do this is by making a scrapbook with your friends to end the night. When Valentine’s Day comes to an end, one wholesome way to end the day is by printing out photographs of the times you have spent together and making a scrapbook with those photographs. The scrapbook is a physical manifestation of the memories and fun you have had with your friends, and it is a way to look back on your years of friendship. As you and your friends look back upon each photograph, memories will come to mind, and you will be grateful for having made those memories. Thus, Valentine’s Day is to share the past, but it is also a way to approach the future with the people you care for. Whether or not you are with a significant other, Valentine’s Day can still be enjoyed by having fun with the people you love most.

Jamie Vu

UCLA '23

Jamie is a second year student at UCLA. She loves to listen to music and enjoys going to concerts and listening to artists live. During her free time, she likes to go out and explore.