Fun Things to Do in L.A. for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With Spring Break coming up soon, you might to go ahead and get ready and plan your week! Don’t know what to do? Here is a list of places you can visit if you plan on staying in the Los Angeles for the week.

Photo courtesy of: New York Times

The Griffith Observatory is a great place to hang out with friends. From gazing into indoor starlights to hanging out with Einstein, there are so many things to view when wandering about. Not only will you get to beat the heat, but also the information provided is so fun, you will want to learn more about the properties of the sun or perhaps buy a souvenir at the gift shop.

Photo courtesy of: Daily Venture

What other place to hang out with friends than at Point Fermin Park, which is home to non-other than the Korean Bell of Friendship? Located in an elevated area, you are able to get an overview of San Pedro and glimpse over the clear blue ocean. Close by is Point White Nature Preserve, a nature center that is definitely worth checking out.

Photo courtesy of: Discover Los Angeles

The UCLA Marina Aquatic Center is the place you want to be if you love being in the water. You rent out a kayak and paddle within the area, and you also get a chance to work out your arms. This is open to the public so feel free to bring in some non-Bruin friends for a fun time.

Photo courtesy of: L.A. Parks

Another aquatic area would be to visit Echo Park Lake. You can take a ride on a pedal boat and enjoy the surrounding nature. From watching a family of ducks to the plants that grow in the water, there is always something interesting that happens on the lake. Best of all, you get to enjoy some mist from the fountain that is placed within the lake. Cash only.

Photo courtesy of: Time Out Los Angeles

For all the foodies out there, Time Out Los Angeles will be having a Treat Yo’Self Dessert Tasting Event on March 20. Before you go back to the dining halls or cooking in your apartment, enjoy this last festival of entertainment L.A. has to offer. Bakeries, ice cream shops, and more will be present so you do not miss out on this event. Additional information can be found here.

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.