First Week of Classes As Told By Olivia Pope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

There’s something really special about the first week of the quarter. It’s the strange combination of dread, excitement, and fatigue that makes it so memorable. It usually starts out pretty positively: most of us are excited to see what the new quarter brings. But soon enough, we are reminded of all the assignments that lie ahead — thanks to our syllabi and our professors — and we immediately feel exhausted just thinking about how to get through the next ten weeks without losing our minds! No one can explain all these first week feels better than Olivia Pope! 

When you’re absolutely certain of your ability to succeed this quarter…

But then your roommate finds your textbook from your class last quarter and you start getting horrible flashbacks…

But then you get over it and decide to look fire af for your first day of class! Look good, feel good amiritie?

When your professor tells you they might be able to get you off the class waitlist but they’re not sure yet…

When your other professor assigns you something due next week and it’s worth 25% of your final grade…

When you decide to drop that class and enroll in a new one but BruinWalk reviews are making you feel conflicted…

When it’s finally the weekend and your only plans involve food and wine…

Here’s to the next ten weeks of laughter, tears, assignments, and fries!

All GIFs Courtesy of Giphy

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.