Fighting The Erewhon Addiction, It’s a Real Problem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I know, I know, as much as I want to dislike Erewhon, I can’t help myself. But LA lacks proper Targets, so I need to get my silly little shopping fix somewhere else.

Erewhon, for those who might not know, is a high-end grocery store with locations throughout LA. And I mean it when I say high-end, like $21 pesto high-end. Is it by any means a practical place to shop for a college student? No, not at all, but it is really fun to go to.

Because even though I can’t grocery shop at Erewhon, I can window shop and get the occasional treat. I mean seriously, I could not count how many things are labeled “adaptogenic.” I even found instant ramen that was $5 and labeled “adaptogenic.” How do you make ramen adaptogenic? I don’t understand.

For me though, the real beauty of Erewhon comes from the hot bar and drink station. The food at Eerewhon is insanely good and makes me question if $15 for a California roll is reasonable. They have so many good items, but I’d particularly recommend the breakfast burrito and cauliflower.

And don’t even get me started on the smoothies. I hate how much I like them. I hate that I gave into the hype, but the Hailey Bieber skin glaze smoothie is amazing. It tastes like a strawberry smoothie, yes, but an elevated strawberry smoothie. The one really weird thing about them though is they never melt.

And even though I can’t really buy much in there, it is fun to manifest my future while walking through the aisles. One day I will be buying the organic greens and topping my pasta with the $21 pesto. I am so excited for the day to come.

Hi :) My name is Jade and I am a second year at UCLA! I am a double major in communications and cognitive science and I am super excited to be apart of Her Campus