matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

“Doug the Pug Day” Is Now An Official Local Holiday in Nashville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you haven’t heard of Doug the Pug, you are missing out on having the cutest pug on your Instagram feed. Doug the Pug is a “celebrity dog” from Nashville, Tennessee. He has gained a large social media following over the last couple of years. He is the most followed pug online with over 6 million likes on Facebook, 3.8 million Instagram followers and 2.8 Twitter followers. 

Often, his content consists of cute pictures with relatable captions, such as “need a little encouragement today.” He has made pug versions of music videos like Billie Eilish’s “Bad Guy” and has posted pictures with the many celebrities he’s met. Also, alongside his owner Leslie Mosier, Doug has released his own book, Doug the Pug: The King of Pop Culture. 

However, Doug’s list of accomplishments just got even bigger. This year, on Doug’s 7th birthday, the mayor of Nashville, David Briley, declared the 20th of May to officially be “Doug the Pug Day” in Nashville. 

For a dog that has only been on Earth for 7 years, he has accomplished a lot more than others. You can be sure that with every picture he posts, there will always be something cute about it. His content is loved by all. We’re looking forward to celebrating “Doug the Pug Day” each May! 

Allison is a feature writer at UCLA who loves hanging out at the beach and eating any kind of dessert.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.