This is the first of my posts about creative, low-calorie, low-fat, nutritious meal ideas that can be made in any of UCLA’s dining halls or easily made in an apartment for a fast solution to your quest for a delicious yet healthy meal! Here is the “recipe” below…enjoy! Be sure to check back each week for more ideas including breakfast, lunch, snack, and desert ideas.
Easy BBQ Chicken Salad
1. Fill bowl with lettuce
2. Pile corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and carrots on top (or whatever veggies you want)
3. Add a piece of grilled chicken on top
4. Use the BBQ sauce that the dining halls have for the chicken to drizzle on top of your salad as a yummy dressing
5. Add about 1 tsp of low-fat ranch dressing if you want, but use it sparingly!
6. Cut up the chicken and mix everything