Dinner How-To: Quick and Nutritious BBQ Chicken Salad

This is the first of my posts about creative, low-calorie, low-fat, nutritious meal ideas that can be made in any of UCLA’s dining halls or easily made in an apartment for a fast solution to your quest for a delicious yet healthy meal!  Here is the “recipe” below…enjoy!  Be sure to check back each week for more ideas including breakfast, lunch, snack, and desert ideas.

Easy BBQ Chicken Salad

1.      Fill bowl with lettuce
2.      Pile corn, tomatoes, bell peppers, and carrots on top (or whatever veggies you want)
3.      Add a piece of grilled chicken on top
4.      Use the BBQ sauce that the dining halls have for the chicken to drizzle on top of your salad as a yummy dressing
5.      Add about 1 tsp of low-fat ranch dressing if you want, but use it sparingly!
6.      Cut up the chicken and mix everything

Nicole Cremer is currently a sophomore at UCLA majoring in Neuroscience. She has a passion for journalism and loves being involved in a variety of extra-curricular activities, including doing research at the UCLA Brain Tumor institute, volunteering with Global Medical Brigades where she traveled to Ghana this past winter to provide health care to over 1,200 people, contributing to the Daily Bruin newspaper as a Video Reporter, and being a part of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority. Before becoming the Her Campus Campus Correspond for UCLA, she was a founding member of Her Campus UCLA and wrote a weekly health blog. In her spare time, Nicole enjoys exploring new restaurants and sites around Los Angeles, listening to country music, running (and training for half marathons…maybe a full one someday!), hiking, and spending as much time as she can at the beach!