Day N Vegas Music Festival Was So Much Better Than A Typical Day In Vegas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This past weekend, November 1 to November 3, I got the opportunity to go to a festival called Day N Vegas. Some of the headlining artists were Kendrick Lamar, Future and J. Cole. This was the first music festival I had ever been to, so I had no idea what to expect. I was really excited to attend the music festival but unfortunately, I got so sick on Friday that I could not make it to the festival until Saturday. The festival began at noon every day, and the amount of people that showed up was insane. Since there were only three stages, though, it was pretty easy to navigate the festival area. 

Since I am not that into rap music, I did not know every single song being performed, but I was most excited for A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, Kendrick Lamar and Tyler the Creator. Even though I did not know all the music, it was still a fun experience just being at the festival and dancing along to the music in a crowd of so many people. Since I had never been to a festival before, I was not prepared for just how rowdy people get. They were throwing their water everywhere and just pushing through me without saying a word. Although I was overwhelmed at first, it was still so exciting and eye-opening. I got to listen to a lot of new music from artists I had never previously heard of.

Overall, my favorite performance would be Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick knew how to get the audience involved and he sang every song without lip-syncing for the entire hour. There were many artists who were lip-syncing to every song, so I was impressed by his performance. The only problem I found was that finding the exit and trying to leave the festival was very confusing. The festival grounds were right by Circus Circus and SAHARA, which are right in the middle of the Strip. Thus, the streets were either super crowded or blocked off, making it difficult for us to find a location where we could be picked up. 

Although there were some logistical issues, I would say my first festival was definitely a success! I would 100% be interested in going to other festivals soon. 

Caitlyn studied at UCLA where she majored in English and minored in film. She loves writing about all things lifestyle and entertainment related. When she is not writing articles, she loves going to hot yoga, reading, and binge-watching One Tree Hill for the hundredth time!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.