This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

We were super excited to be able to attend 102.7 KIIS FM’s Wango Tango on Saturday June 1st at the Dignity Health Sports Park, in Carson, CA. Wango Tango is an annual concert put on by iHeartRadio, who brings the biggest stars to perform each year as a start to the summer. This year’s iHeartRadio Wango Tango did not disappoint. With acts like Ally Brooke, Halsey, Zedd, the Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift, and appearances from Bachelor alums Colton Underwood, Cassie Randolph and many more, the entire night was filled with fun and entertainment.

Ally Brooke sang her hit song “Low Key” and took us on a throwback journey of Selena with her cover of “Baila esta cumbia/Bidi bidi bom bom.” Halsey rocked the stage in a green camo look while she belted out “Bad at Love,” Eastside” and “Without Me.” She even brought out Yungblood to sing “11 Minutes,” which really got the crowd excited.As for Zedd, the Wango Tango party truly started once he hit the stage. His set included hits like “Stay the Night,” “Starving,” “Stay,” “Break Free,” “I Want You to Know” and “The Middle.” Everyone in the crowd was shouting out the lyrics, dancing like no one was watching and waving around the signature KIIS FM glow sticks.

Our 12 year old selves were dying throughout the night, but especially during the Jonas Brothers. The band consisting of brothers Joe, Nick and Kevin, has officially made a comeback and we couldn’t be happier! After being introduced by Uncle Jonas (AKA John Stamos), they opened their set with the classic JoBro song, “Burning Up,” and the whole crowd definitely felt the flames. The boys’ performance pulled at concert goers’ heartstrings as they performed some of their most notable songs, like “That’s Just the Way We Roll” and “Lovebug,” along with their new hits “Cool” and “Sucker.” The band of brothers even joked around on stage, as Joe called Kevin out for not speaking to the crowd. This comment caused Kevin to get sincere with the audience, saying “we are stronger together, we love you—this one’s for you” before then going into “Year 3000.”

Taylor Swift is back and better than ever! Decked out in a rainbow corset and matching shoes to celebrate the beginning of Pride month, Taylor opened her set with “Shake It Off” and “Blank Space” from 1989, along with “I Knew You Were Trouble” and “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” from her album Red. She also sang a stripped-down acoustic version of “Delicate,” which was incredibly wonderful and emotional. Another true throwback was “Love Story,” an absolute classic that had everyone in the crowd screaming, “It’s a love story/Baby just say yes!” She ended her set with her new hit single “ME!” and invited Brendon Urie onto the stage to sing with her. It was amazing to hear so many songs of our childhood sung live—who would have thought we’d still be singing our hearts out to “Love Story” 11 years later? Truly iconic.

Wango Tango 2019 really brought out the best of our 12 year old selves. The night was full of nostalgia as we sang along with all of our favorite artists. Lucky enough, the entire concert will be shown on Freeform this Friday night (June 7th) and available to stream on the Freeform website/app afterwards. We cannot wait to relive the night and take a closer look at Taylor’s performance for more clues on her new album.

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.