Celebs’ Memorial Day Celebrations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

For many, Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer – the endless movie nights, breezy evening drives, warm sunsets, no school and food aplenty. We typically celebrate Memorial Day with a barbecue, friends and hopefully flip flops in the sunny weather; however, the real purpose of this holiday is to commemorate and honor those who’ve died in war. Some celebs shared their celebrations of this holiday via Instagram, but they weren’t the typical all-American afternoon. 

Justin Bieber decided to play some soccer at UCLA with his pals #cheesin…

Miley Cyrus became a little more feline and twinned it up with her kitty… 

Taylor Swift proceeded to only care about her own universe, reminding fans of an upcoming 1989 concert…  

Reese Witherspoon posted a heartwarming comment in memoriam of a deceased female soldier – finally an empowering and respectful post…

Kendall Jenner was full of love, though it’s unknown as to why she’s laying on the floor serenely #DoItForTheInsta…

Harry Styles played a mad game of Scrabble, but he’s British so his lack of acknowledgement for the holiday doesn’t count…

Michelle Obama fulfilled her duty as First Lady by signing a post paying her respects to our lost soldiers… 

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.