Celebrities on Campus: Cary Elwes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

(thank you to Sierra Wanden for the picture!)

This past week, Cary Elwes, also known as the handsome “Farm Boy” Westley from the cult classic, The Princess Bride, did a meet and greet along with a book signing in Ackerman Grand Ballroom. Cary was there to promote his book, As You Wish, which was about the filming of The Princess Bride, complete with stories from the cast, behind the scenes photos, along with a commentary and foreword from the director of the movie, Rob Reiner. This event was hosted by the CEC and was attended by much of the student body. There was a Q&A session with Cary that was moderated. Cary enlightened the audience with some of the candid and funny stories from filming the movie, of which are also found in his book. His impressions of Andre the Giant, Rob Reiner, and Wallace Shawn delighted the audience. He also answered many questions from the audience and left before the screening of the movie. 

From Mississippi to California! Freshman at UCLA :) Class of 2017! Go Bruins! Writer at Her Campus UCLA, member of Tri Delta!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.