Campus Cutie: Heather Blockhus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Heather Blockhus, this week’s Campus Cutie! Heather is a 4th year Computer Science Major from Los Altos, California.

1. What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

I have volunteered for UCLA’s UNICAMP both my freshman and sophomore years and am very excited to be volunteering once again this year. I also hold a position on the officer board for Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honors society at UCLA. I teach science modules to elementary school children for that position. Finally, I am a member of Kappa Delta Sorority.      

2. What do you like to do in your free time? 

I watch a lot of television, so one of my favorite things to do with my free time is get on Netflix and catch up on all my shows. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends, hot tubbing, and sleeping. 

3. What is your favorite TV show and why?

As I mentioned above, I watch a lot of TV so it’s very hard for me to pick a favorite. However, if I have to decide I would probably pick Friends. All ten seasons were recently added to Netflix and I have been re-watching them for the millionth time. Friends can always make me laugh no matter how many times I’ve watched them through and I can really relate to they sassiness of Chandler Bing.    

4. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

If I could have a superpower I would chose teleportation for two reasons. One because I seem to always be running late, and if I could teleport to my destination I would get places much faster. And second, because I’m kind of lazy so not needing to walk everywhere would be great. 

5. If you could travel through time and space and meet anyone, who would it be and why?

I would want to meet Walt Disney. I greatly enjoy visiting his parks, and I think that spending a day with him would be magical and extremely fun.

6. What has been your favorite experience at UCLA so far? 

I think my favorite experiences at UCLA so far have been from my evolvement with UNICAMP. Both of my previous weeks up at camp have been extremely fun and inspiring. I have made lasting friendships, not only with the other UCLA volunteers but with the children as well.  

7. Are there any other fun facts about you?

I have been very fortunate to get the opportunity to travel a lot, and have been to 13 countries.

I was a registered Boy Scout for a year as part of a co-ed adventure scouting group. All the girl scouts that were a part of Venture Crew had to register as Boy Scouts.

Born and raised in Southern California, Ashley Farmer is a fourth year Communication Studies major with her eyes set on law school. When she isn't binge-watching something on Netflix, she spends her free time hanging out with her Kappa Delta sisters, crafting, and wearing more pink than anybody should.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.