Campus Cutie: Anthony Ambrosio-Meir

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Anthony Ambrosio-Meir, a 4th Year Civil Engineering Major from Palo Alto, CA!

1. What extracurricular activities are you involved in?

Outside of class, my time is devoted to Tau Beta Pi, the engineering honor society. I have been a member since Fall 2012 and have been an officer ever since, I currently serve as VP.

2. What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings. (Star Wars comes close but I do like Lord of the Rings just a bit better!)

3. Where is your favorite place to study on campus?

I actually greatly prefer to study in my apartment than on campus. When I do study on campus, I go to SeasLab, the engineering computer labs. I find the libraries just a bit to quiet for my taste.

4. What has been your favorite experience at UCLA so far?

I have had some neat experiences while at UCLA, though my favorite would be going on TBP’s winter officer retreat. We spend a weekend at a cabin in Big Bear and go skiing one of the days! I love to ski, so it’s so much fun hanging out with friends and going on the slopes!

5. If you could travel through time and space, who would you want to meet and why?

I would want to meet Nikola Tesla. His inventions helped shape the modern world as we know it and many of his inventions are really cool! He also was a big proponent of AC current and doesn’t receive the recognition he deserves.

6. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?

I would want to have the ability to teleport to anywhere I wanted. I think it’s an ability that can be utilized many ways and who wouldn’t like to not deal with airports anymore! Want to spend an afternoon in Europe? Poof you’re there!

7. Are there any other fun facts about you?

A fun fact about me is that I have actually flown a plane! It was only for an hour though it was so exciting to take it up and around the Bay Area and see San Francisco from above!

Born and raised in Southern California, Ashley Farmer is a fourth year Communication Studies major with her eyes set on law school. When she isn't binge-watching something on Netflix, she spends her free time hanging out with her Kappa Delta sisters, crafting, and wearing more pink than anybody should.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.