Campus Celebrity: Chloe Luthringshausen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Name: Chloe Luthringshausen

Major: English with a minor in Digital Humanities

Hometown: Chicago

Get to know Chloe, the creator and writer of Chloe Parr – My Digital Diary and What’s Been Bruin?. With over 8,000 followers on Instagram, she is a rising figure in the fashion and social media world.  

HC: What inspired you to create your personal blog and your blog, What’s Been Bruin?

CL: I first started blogging by creating a private Tumblr account where I would reblog stylish pictures or quotes for inspiration. This soon developed into me posting pictures of my own outfits and writing my own thoughts, sort of like a digital diary.  I decided to make my Tumblr public, and I started getting a lot of followers through the blog and also on Instagram. So, I decided to move my Tumblr to a full-on website, leading to what it is today- Chloe Parr: My Digital Diary.

I started the idea What’s Been Bruin? with my friend Jenna Gulick last year.  We met in English class and became friends by complimenting each other’s outfits after class one day (how fitting!). We always talked about how we wished there was a website for UCLA students featuring style and events around campus. So, we decided to make our own, officially launching it this year! Our website centers on fashion, music, health, and food around LA and campus! We love having contributors write articles for the site too.  

HC: What is it like balancing school and your blogs?

CL: Balancing school and blogging definitely requires some serious time management skills, I got to admit! But It’s definitely possible. I discovered that the best way to manage both is by creating posts way in advance. I usually come up with ideas throughout the week then create them on the weekends when I have the most free time. I schedule all the posts Sunday so they are all ready to go for the week! Then I can focus on school throughout the weekdays.

HC: What are some new projects you’ve worked on recently?

CL: At the moment, my new blog What’s Been Bruin? has been the newest project.  My friend Jenna and I have been really excited about launching it to UCLA students. I’ve also been interning in the digital department at Dick Clark Productions. Right now, I’ve been helping out with the American Music Awards that are this Sunday. It’s been such an amazing experience to see all the hard work that is required to put on such a great show. You can watch the show this Sunday at 8pm on ABC!

HC: Are you in any extra-curricular activities at UCLA?

CL: I am in a sorority at UCLA, Chi Omega, which has been so much fun and I’ve met so many funny, genuine girls.  I also intern at Dick Clark Productions as a digital intern. It has been such a wonderful experience. I’ve learned so much about the digital field and have met some truly talented people. 

HC: What has been your greatest experience at UCLA so far?

CL: My greatest experience at UCLA this far… hmm that’s tough! There has been so many great memories. Probably one of the most memorable moments (of my life even) was attending the American Music Awards last year and meeting One Direction. That was something I will never forget!

HC: What are your career aspirations?

CL: My career aspirations are always growing. Right now, I would love to work in the digital media field. I have always loved creating things online, whether it’s blogs, photography, or social media. So I think I would be very interested in being in a digital field or PR.  I love music and fashion, so I think working in digital media for an awards show production company would be a great way to include all of my passions.

HC: Any advice to students whom wish to start their own blog?

CL: My advice is go for it and don’t hold back!  Blogging is such a great creative outlet, so post whatever you are really passionate about, whether it’s style, music, food, etc. Don’t be afraid to put yourself and your thoughts out there. At first, I was afraid to put myself out there on the internet, but I learned you have to ignore what anyone else thinks and keep doing what makes you happy because that’s the only way you’ll end up doing what you truly love in life.

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in Westwood?

CL: My favorite thing to do in Westwood is grab my laptop and sit outside the Expresso Profeta coffee shop.  It’s so peaceful out there- especially sipping on a good vanilla latte!

HC: Who is your current style muse?

CL: My style muse is Alexa Chung.  She’s just so effortlessly stylish. It looks like she just rolls out of bed and throws on some clothes, but manages to still look perfect and oh so chic.  I also love Vanessa Hudgen’s glamorous boho style.

HC: If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

CL: Hmm… one outfit for the rest of my life!? That’s tough…. (Can I say sweats… haha just kidding!) I would pick my AG skinny jeans, a classic white tee and my topshop black Chelsea booties.  Simplicity will never go out of style! 

Make sure to follow her on instagram, @chloeparrluth, and check out her blogs at www.chloeparr.com and whatsbeenbruin.wordpress.com

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.