jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Caroline McKee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Meet Caroline, a second year Biochemistry major from Boulder, Colorado, with a passion for the ultimate sport:

Her Campus: Why did you start playing Ultimate Frisbee?

Caroline McKee: I started playing ultimate after my floor played it as a form of floor bonding at the beginning of last year. I really enjoyed it so I found the UCLA club ultimate team and got started from there.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about your team?

CK: My favorite thing about my team is that we are like one giant family.

HC: What’s the coolest thing you’ve done with your Ultimate Frisbee team?

CK: The coolest thing I’ve done with the team is travel to Madison, Wisconsin to compete in the College National Championships last year.

HC: Do you have any pre (or post!) game traditions?

CK: The sport of ultimate frisbee is pretty well known for its cheers. After the game we always come up with a cheer for the other team. Cheers may range from puns to serenades to the occasional flailing movement.

HC: Okay, rapid fire!

Least favorite food: mint (does that count as a food?)

Favorite food: peanut butter

If you were allowed one thing while stuck on a desert island, it would be: a water supply

Favorite workout song: 300 Violin Orchestra by Jorge Quintero 

If you could trade lives with anyone, real or fictional, it would be: Harry Potter—actually maybe Hermione!

Victoria is a Nor-Cal transplant and fourth-year Biochemistry major at UCLA. She hopes to one day have marble kitchen countertops, own the perfect slouchy sweater, and be the kind of doctor who handpicks ornaments when she decorates her office for Christmas. 
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.