937A8580 C9AD 4D6A 8821 1A9C4EA283C1JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
937A8580 C9AD 4D6A 8821 1A9C4EA283C1JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Renée Lee

AMA’s 2019: Alyson Stoner, Meg Donnelly & More Radiated The Red Carpet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

The 2019 American Music Awards took place on Sunday, November 24th and aired LIVE on ABC. From Lizzo’s tiny purse, to Post Malone declaring “I love grapes” and Taylor Swift performing a career-spanning medley, the night was filled with many epic moments. Her Campus at UCLA had the wonderful honor of attending the red carpet this year. Check out our highlights of the night!

X Ambassadors sent their love to Lizzo. They shared, “We worked and collaborated with her, and we’re so excited to be here supporting her. It’s incredible to watch her soar. She’s the perfect example of why we should respect and give all credit to all women in the music industry who are working hard to put out incredible women.” 

Meg Donnelly also expressed her excitement for Lizzo, declaring that the artist’s songs “are so empowering for women because you can dance along to them while being inspired.” She noted her go-to songs to be “Good As Hell” and “Truth Hurts.” 

David Dobrik and Natalie Mariduena radiated the carpet with their smiles. David was a presenter for the evening, introducing Kesha’s performance! 

Sonna Rele gave us the inside scoop on her most recent song, “Bad Bitch.” She explained, “Bad Bitch is nothing about what you look on the outside, it’s all about embracing yourself on the inside and finding confidence within yourself.” She advised, “Embrace who you are and focus on who you are within, and that will shine out.” 

Seeing Post Malone! The artist’s “Hollywood’s Bleeding” album won the “Favorite Album – Rap/Hip-Hop” award! 

Esther Anaya, recognized for her violin solo in the film, Abominable, shared with us why it is important to acknowledge women in the music industry. “We all have gifts that God has given us, and I feel like a lot of women who are so strong are often underestimated for the power they are capable of showing. I am here as a female, to show that If you believe in yourself and your talents, you can make anything happen. Put your dreams in God’s hands.” 

Alyson Stoner dazzled in her matching sequin top and pants. The star was absolutely gorgeous and wore our favorite oufit of the night. 

Make sure to check out the complete list of winners for the 2019 American Music Awards. And for our complete interviews, visit us on YouTube!   

Renée is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and served as the HCUCLA Editor in Chief and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is passionate about storytelling and pushing for more Asian American representation in fashion and entertainment. 
Mikee is an alumna at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and served as the HCUCLA President and one of the Campus Correspondents for the 2019-2020 school year. She is a lover of all things pink, aesthetic, and good storytelling. In her spare time pre-pandemic, you would find her watching a good rom-com movie, going to Disneyland, exploring more of Los Angeles through coffee shops, brunch places, and events, or playing with her puppy, Snowie! During the pandemic, she enjoys graphic designing on her iPad (and watching even more rom-coms with Snowie). Currently, Mikee is bringing Disney+ moments to life through world-class campaigns at The Walt Disney Company and earning her Master's Degree in Communication Management at the University of Southern California (USC). Contact Mikee via email at mikeejoycelachica@gmail.com or visit her portfolio at http://mklchc.co