Wellness > Health

Adidas 747 Warehouse St- Empowering Future Female Athletes, Creators & Musicians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This weekend, we attended the 747 Warehouse adidas event for NBA’s All Star Weekend. While, we loved fangirling over our favorite athletes and rappers, the highlight of the event for me was the the common theme of Girl Power throughout the fashion and programing of the event. 747 Warehouse St. is a two-day event that focuses on exclusive adidas product releases, speaker panels, a celebrity basketball game, amazing concert line-up, and interactive adidas experiences.

Athletes:

We loved the strong presence of female athletes at the 747 Warehouse event. Sparks basketball player and first person to earn WNBA MVP and Rookie of the year during the same year Candace Parker, Connecticut Sun basketball player Chiney Ogwumike, Scottish professional footballer Ally Love and more women were in attendance.

Creators:

We were inspired listening to model, creator and coder Karlie Kloss speak about her work with adidas during her panel.

As one of our favorite Girl Bosses, Karlie inspires us all to work hard and never give up.

I was lucky enough to be able to watch her design a custom pair of shoes in one of the interactive experiences. Karlie even inspired me to take a shot at making some shoes myself.

Musicians:

One of my favorite interactive sessions from the event was Pusha T’s music workshop with two LA artists and sisters, Cam & China. Pusha T said these talented sisters reminded him of himself and his brother when they first started pursuing a musical career as “The Clipse.” I loved being able to see him give them advice and words of encouragement. 

It was also amazing to see Pharrell Williams use his time on stage to bring attention to women’s rights. According to a previous interview with WWD Pharell has customized his shoes from his adidas originals x Chanel collaboration with different sayings: “‘Women’s Rights’ is, like, the number-one thing, right? You guys deserve to get paid as much as men do. Then there’s another message that says: ‘God Is the Greatest.’ And ‘Others First.’”

The 474 Warehouse event also encouraged attendees to create their own music and had an interactive station to make beats. While I have no musical talents, it was fun to play around on the computer and they even emailed me a copy of the beat I created.

We are so thankful for the athletes, creators, and musicians for working with adidas to make this event so amazing. While NBA All-Star Weekend is usually targeted towards men, I am so glad to see that adidas is also creating a space to empower women as well. 

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com