Life > Academics

A Farewell Letter To All Graduating Seniors: Wishing You The Best!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Dear Seniors, 

Congratulations! You did it! You are now officially, or will soon be, an alumnus of your school! 

pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp

I bet you thought these two to four years would pass by slowly when you first came to college. But look at you now, leaving the nest! You should all be proud of yourselves and celebrate because it’s not every day that you get to graduate from college. I hope your time in college was filled with lots of fun and educational memories. I am sure there were a few stressful moments, but nothing you couldn’t handle. Now you are off to your next big adventure, one that will hopefully bring you happiness and prosperity! 

But take a moment to actually reflect on your time at college. For many of us, school was not how we expected it to be. 2020 was filled with a lot of huge events that brought many emotions forward. That year the pandemic came and affected us in many different ways. Schools were no longer in-person. In the beginning, it might have been nice to stay home and receive class online, but after a few weeks, it wasn’t the same. For some people, it was harder to socialize with others, make friends or actually learn. It’s not easy to sit down at home for hours receiving classes. It was a tough time for all of us, and for many it took away their college experience. It wasn’t what we expected. But we should all be grateful regardless of the turn of events. Now that you are off to your next adventure, we can only hope that it will be everything you expect. 

Don’t forget to apply all your knowledge to the real world. Most importantly don’t forget the friends you’ve made. Make sure to stay in contact with them. Checking up on them once in a while can go a long way. Remember to take advantage of every opportunity you can and live your life to the fullest. 

I know for many people this moment might be stressful. Maybe right now you are feeling nervous or excited or maybe both at once! Try to remember that this is your moment. Make sure to enjoy it by doing all the things you have dreamed of doing when this day arrived. 

Now that your graduation has arrived, you can plan a vacation for yourself because you have earned it! There are lots of things you can do as a way to celebrate your accomplishments. Here are a few ideas:

• Grab your friends and head down to the beach
  • Go dancing with your friends
  • Go take a dip in a pool 
  • Go to an amusement park 
  • Travel and explore the world 

There are so many things that you can do! Celebrate with your loved ones. I hope that you had a wonderful time in college. May all your wishes and dreams come true. I know you all will do amazing things in the careers you decide on. Wishing you all the best!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.