9 Things You Can Make in Your Coffee Pot – Besides Coffee!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This sounds like a disgusting phenomenon, but if you’re a poor college student without a kitchen, cooking up a meal in your coffee pot doesn’t sound like too bad of an idea. Below are nine simple recipes that you can use right in your own dorm room or studio apartment!

Oatmeal: All you need is two packets of instant oatmeal, a spoonful of honey, and 8-10 ounces of water … and BOOM – you’ve got oatmeal. Put the oatmeal and honey into the pot, and allow the water to drip down into it, leaving you with a satisfying bowl of breakfast.

Grilled Cheese: No, you aren’t using the actual glass vessel to cook these up. Just use the burner of the coffee pot like a pan. What’s quicker than this?

Hard-Boiled Eggs: All you need to do is add eggs into the pot and let the water run through the filter. The eggs need to sit in the heat for 7-8 minutes, and then they’re done!

Rice: Place ½ C of instant rice into the coffee maker. This is enough for a single serving. Add the correct amount of water into the filter, depending on the box’s instructions. Leave the machine on for five to ten minutes so that the rice can finish the cooking process.

Chocolate Fondue: Put cream into the filter and allow it to drain through to the vessel. Once it’s hot enough, add chocolate bits and allow them to melt, which should take about ten minutes. Stir up your concoction and you’ve got the perfect sauce for dipping!

Corn on the Cob: Who thought to make our favorite BBQ-type side dish in a coffee pot? Just place the cob in the pot, let water run over it, and heat it for eight minutes (or until tender).

Ramen: Every college student loves ramen, and it’s hard to make if you don’t have a microwave. We have the solution for you: Put the noodle block into the pot and the seasoning packet into the filter. Let the water run through, and soon enough a big helping of ramen will be right in front of you.

Broccoli: Place the broccoli in the vessel, add water, and wait minutes until you’ve created crunchy, under-cooked veggies. That’s the best kind, anyway, right?

Quesadillas: This recipe is just like that used for grilled cheese. Treat the burner of the pot like a pan, and you’ll have delicious quesadillas in minutes.

Coffee pots are so much more helpful than we ever knew. Hopefully these recipes will soon be a part of your everyday routine!

Sources: Huffingtonpost.com, thegreenhead.com

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.