8 Holiday Gift Ideas That Are Perfect For Any College Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Holiday shopping can be extremely stressful, especially when you’re struggling to find the perfect gift for your loved ones. But look no further! Here are 8 super fun and cute holiday gift ideas any college student will love:

Planner

With the year coming to a close, a planner is the perfect gift! Since 2020 has been rough for most of us, sitting down with a planner and having a self-reflecting sesh is definitely needed. Any student would love having a planner to jot down their goals, aspirations and thoughts for 2021. Planners are a great way to keep organized, which is especially important for college students when scheduling exams, papers and meetings. Also, try to get a planner that fits their personality and aesthetic. Planners can vary in sizes, customizability, color schemes and themes and it’s important to get one that’s going to suit the creative needs of that person.

Fairy Lights

Cute dorm room decorations are an essential for any college student. What better way to spice up your room than with fairy lights? Fairy lights give any room a cozy and relaxing vibe. Fairy lights are also very customizable! You can get the cute plain ones or spice it up with Christmas colors or even one’s school colors. Get creative with it! 

Wireless Speakers

Wireless speakers are an absolute must for college students who want an occasional karaoke jam session in their dorms. A speaker is also perfect for those chill pool days or summer beach nights in everyone’s quintessential college experience. Consider getting waterproof and portable ones to make them even more convenient.

Polaroid Printer

A polaroid printer lets you instantly print your digital smartphone photos onto a Polaroid. These photos are a great way for any college student to personalize their dorm room by hanging up their favourite college memories. 

Skincare Box

If you’re looking for a gift for a skincare lover, consider sending them a skincare or beauty box. These boxes can be custom made with handpicked products or you can buy them from as a pre-made set. These boxes usually contain face masks, lip balms, moisturizers, exfoliators and other fun skincare goodies. It’s super important for students to take care of their skin, especially during stressful exam seasons, so anyone will definitely thank you for a skincare box.

Hydroflask

While carrying a Hydroflask immediately makes someone seem like a VSCO girl, hear me out. Staying hydrated in college is so incredibly important, and a cute and functional waterbottle is the best way to motivate someone to stay hydrated. Hydroflasks are also super customizable with their multitude of different colors and you can even add fun stickers on them for an extra touch. They also keep your drink at the perfect temperature you want all day long.

Light Therapy Lamp

A mini light therapy lamp is perfect for any stressed out college student. There are a lot of variations and purposes of these lamps. Some lamps help energize you while other lamps reduce eye strain or even increase productivity. These portable lamps are definitely a lifesaver for any college student who’s doing some late night studying. 

Mini Coffee Maker

Last but not least, a mini coffee maker is great for those late night study sessions or early morning classes. The best part about this gift is that it’s portable and easy to fit in the dorms. While some mini coffee makers can be quite expensive, there are also more affordable options on Amazon which range from $20 to $30.

Whatever gift you choose, make sure to spread positive energy this holiday by spending time with your friends and family and showing them your love.

Anya is a first-year economics major at UCLA and is a feature-writer for Her Campus. When she's not writing, she loves to scuba dive, go makeup shopping, and indulge in black sesame ice cream. She's obsessed with Disney movies and will 100% cry when watching Finding Nemo.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.