Style > Beauty

8 Gift Ideas For Your Makeup Obsessed BFF That Will Support Small & Latinx-Owned Businesses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Need some ideas on what to get your friend who loves all things beauty, but also want to support small and Latinx-owned businesses? Lucky for you, I have done the work of scouring the web and social media for some great finds from beautiful, hard-working mujeres! With some of my personal favorites making this list, as well as other items I would be so happy to unwrap this December, here are eight gifts that I guarantee your makeup-loving friend will love this holiday season!

Glam Vice Cosmetics: Retro Liners and Paint Palettes

Graphic liner was one of the biggest trends of this year, as it is such a unique way to make your eyes pop. For the friend who loves eyeliner and statement eye looks, I could not recommend Glam Vice Cosmetics Retro Liners enough! They have an incredible formula that is long lasting and remains bright all throughout the day. You can pick out your friend’s favorite colors by buying Retro Liners individually for $9, or opt for a convenient palette that compiles a color scheme for you for $45! 

By Melolops: Water Inks

I can’t help but include another Latina-owned makeup brand that features graphic liners, and a new Marvel-themed collaboration with the queen of graphic liner @cutcreaser (on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and YouTube). While I have yet to try them, these are on my Christmas list, and I have heard nothing but rave reviews on the By Melolops Water Inks. Each liner, with the cutest and most fitting names like “3000” and “Point Break,” run for $10. 

Luna Magic Beauty: Makeup Sets

Luna Magic Beauty is the place to shop to get a makeup set for someone who is trying to venture more into makeup and grow their collection. The color schemes aren’t just your basic neutrals, as they feature wearable pops of color to get your friend out of their comfort zone. You can find sets with makeup palettes, lip products, falsies and even brushes that range from $18 to $56, which is a great value for multiple products.

Pinkness – Forever Flawless Beauty Oil

If your friend is always looking to perfect their skincare routine to achieve a radiant canvas for their makeup, consider picking up Pinkness Forever Flawless Beauty Oil! This product is friendly for many skin types, with brightening, nourishing and acne-fighting ingredients. It’s also vegan and not tested on animals, which are always huge pluses! 

Besame Cosmetics: Lipsticks

If you have a friend who loves lipstick, vintage-inspired fashion and Disney, you need to check out Besame Cosmetics! With several Disney collections and colors inspired by trends of past decades, these gorgeous golden-cased lipsticks make such a luxurious and magical present. These are literally my favorite lipsticks between the color, formula, packaging and unique shape of the lipstick bullet, making them worth the $24 price tag.

Reina Rebelde: Bold Lip Color Stick

Are you a last-minute shopper for Christmas gifts like me? Do you wait too long to order something online, and end up getting forced to go shop in person? Look no further than your local Target to find Reina Rebelde’s products! Not only are they incredibly affordable, but they are super bold and pigmented! Their Bold Lip Color Stick ($13.99) gives a beautiful matte finish and stays on all day, coming in different rich, warm colors. 

Melt Cosmetics: Royal Blush

For the friend who stays glowing, you cannot go wrong with Melt Cosmetics Royal Blush! Each blush duo is $39, which is a bit high, but the shimmery colors can be used for bronzer, highlighter and, obviously, blush. Talk about versatility! Also, I’m just a sucker for the bee-related packaging!

Eniale Cosmetics: Lipstick

If your friend has been on the hunt for the perfect nude lipstick in a market saturated with ones for lighter skin tones, head over to Eniale Cosmetics! There are multiple options available to find complementary nude shades that won’t wash your friend out, starting at $5 and going up to $15. Love the inclusivity of this brand for darker shades, and the affordability!

As we shop this holiday season, I think it’s incredibly important to support and uplift brands owned by women and women of color. Not only can we find new, unique items that our gift receivers will be grateful for, but the owners of these smaller brands will be appreciative of your purchase as well! Happy shopping and happy holidays!

Mariah is a second-year English major at UCLA from Palmdale, CA. Besides being a feature writer for HerCampus UCLA, she is the creative director for the Equity and Accessibility team on UCLA's Academic Affairs Commission and a member of UCLA's Latinx Film and Theatre Association. In her spare time, Mariah loves finding hidden gems on Netflix, making earrings out of polymer clay, and writing stories.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.