8 Binge Worthy Shows to Indulge in This Winter Quarter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Now that classes have started up again, we need ways to distract ourselves from the stress that is to come. When homework begins to take over our lives, and the studying seems never-ending, we need to remind ourselves that our brains sometimes need a break. What better way to wind down from the stress of school than with a great TV show? Whether it be spooky, a classic or something out of this world, a good show is perfect for keeping your mind at ease during the quarter. Here are the perfect shows to indulge in when you’re not doing homework this quarter:

1. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

The new take on the classic Sabrina Spellman is one show you will not want to miss! It’s definitely on the spookier side, so beware! Seeing Sabrina come into her own while navigating her growing power will keep you coming back for more! Catch season 1 on Netflix now, don’t forget to watch the new holiday special episode and catch new episodes coming to Netflix in April 2019!

2. Freaks and Geeks

Ever wonder where Seth Rogen and James Franco got their start? This classic show is sweet, but it’s still full of the comedy genius that is Rogen and his regular co-stars. There was only one season of Freaks and Geeks, so it’s a quick binge, but it’s so worth it!

3. Maniac

Speaking of Rogen and his funny co-stars, Maniac is one of Jonah Hill’s most recent projects. With futuristic vibes telling the story of a man (Hill) and woman (Emma Stone) trying to solve their problems by joining a pharmaceutical trial, this one is sure to entertain! It’s intriguing and creative, and both Stone and Hill shine in their roles. Catch season 1 on Netflix and fall in love with this trippy world.

4. Friends

The classic show we all know and love. Friends is so loved that when Netflix wanted to stop airing the show after the new year, the internet went into a frenzy, causing the network to decide to not pull the show after all. Even if you’ve already seen it, Friends is pretty much the most binge-worthy show there is. Get to watching—there’s 10 whole seasons to get through!

5. The Good Place

The Good Place is the perfect show for mindless watching! While trying to ensure their spots in the show’s version of Heaven, each character is relatable and funny in their own way. Centered around Kristen Bell’s Eleanor Shellstrop, the show is perfect for getting a good laugh out. Catch season 1 and 2 on Netflix and catch up on season 3 on Hulu now.

6. Gilmore Girls

Another classic show perfect for binging this time of year! Gilmore Girls is one show every young girl needs to watch. The story of Rory and Lorelai Gilmore and their trials and tribulations going through life is relatable, yet blissful. It’s the perfect show to binge during the winter because of the snow globe vibes of the quaint Stars Hollow. Catch all 7 seasons on Netflix now.

7. The Resident

A newly released doctor show that everyone needs to watch! The drama of working in a hospital and all that comes with the struggles of going through residency is fresh and intriguing. The dreamy Matt Czuchry, who you’ll know as Gilmore Girls’ dreamy Logan Huntzberger, shines as Conrad Hawkins. His relationship with Emily VanCamp’s Nic Nevin will keep you craving more! Watch seasons 1 and 2 on Hulu now.

8. 9-1-1

Another amazing show from Ryan Murphy, 9-1-1 follows the lives of first responders and their experiences saving lives every day. With Peter Krause and Angela Bassett at the forefront, this one does not disappoint! It’s the perfect amount of drama and action. Catch seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix now. You won’t regret it.

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.