7 Ways To Get Into The Fall Spirit Even In The Midst Of The COVID-19 Pandemic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Fall is arguably the second-best season, running close behind winter (in my opinion). The pumpkins, the leaves, the change in weather, the foggy mornings and cold, but cozy nights- I’m not sure what I love most. Fall captures the beautiful change in seasons along with the festivities it carries: pumpkin patches, Thanksgiving, and of course, The Gilmore Girls. Although this year we’ve been struck with Covid-19, that doesn’t mean the beauty of this season has to be blinded. Here are seven ways you can get into the fall spirit while still staying Covid-conscious:

Just get that PSL

No matter how basic it is or how much of a meme it has become- a Pumpkin Spice Latte is a staple to the shift from summer to fall. So do yourself a favor and pick one up, even if it’s not the tastiest drink on the menu. For the sake of tradition.

Spice up your wardrobe

Transitioning from the pastels of summer to dark orange, black, and burgundee colors on warmer clothing will undoubtedly make you feel like fall is near, and it’s time to celebrate. Even if it’s not that cold outside… throw on a scarf. Wear your favorite leather boots. Get spicy. Just do it.

Hit up Spotify and get creative

Nothing screams a new season like new music. It’s time to make your way to your streaming service of choice and make a new playlist that sends you those fall vibes. Add some cover art to really make it real.

Get in your car, get festive

In Los Angeles, although pumpkin patches and outdoor activities are closed, drive throughs are making a comeback. Not only does this include drive through movies, but drive through pumpkin patches and haunted houses. Get a ticket and let the fall rush through (your car)!

Tune into your favorite shows’ halloween specials

This is the best part of #spookyseason. The halloween-themed specials on nearly every TV show are always some of the best episode. Grab some of your favorite snacks and get #spooky.

Buy some pumpkins

How could you not? They’re everywhere. The mini ones are my favorite. Place them on your desk space, in your kitchen, on your nightstand, outside your front door… the possibilities are endless. And, they keep the vampires away.

And obviously, make that pumpkin bread

Trader Joe’s really shines this time of year. Not only do they restock their famous pumpkin bread mix, but they carry all things pumpkin. ​So firstly, pick up the box of pumpkin bread mix, but top it off with almost every other pumpkin-flavored item they carry. The cinammon and pumpkin aromas are calling your name.

See how easy it is to stay festive even during a pandemic? You got this. It’s time to fall into fall!

Nicolette is sophomore at UCLA studying psychobiology with a minor in professional writing. She is the author of her first published book, Control Mindset, a nonfiction guide to taking control of your mind & reality. Her aspirations are in the field of medicine, but she enjoys connecting the art of writing and creation with the sciences. She thinks writing biographies is very hard so she is butchering this as she types. She thanks you for reading her article and hopes you learned something new. She also loves coffee and needs some right now. She argues dark roast is the best roast. She's also probably hungry right now. Nom nom.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.