7 Things to Look Forward to in 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

2016 has been a pretty tumultuous year and if you’re feeling like us and you’re ready to move onto 2017, be happy that there are only about six weeks left in the year! If you’re having a rough time and need a little pick-me-up, here are a few things that we are looking forward to in 2017.

​​1. Beauty and the Beast

If you’re a huge Disney fan, you probably can’t wait for the live-action version of this incredible fairytale. With its timeless songs and awesome cast (shout out to Emma Watson as Belle), we are definitely heading to the theater on opening day which is March 17, 2017! Here is the link to the latest trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvW_L8sTu5E

2. Lorde’s Upcoming Album

Now we aren’t saying that Lorde will definitely release her new album in 2017, but she has admitted that she’s finally finishing off her second album (we have been waiting far too long for this). Even if the album isn’t released in 2017, we are certain that at the very least she will release a new single and that is a reason to celebrate. 

3. The Bachelor

Regardless of whether or not you feel like Nick Viall should be the next bachelor, his season premiere starts on Monday, January 2!

4. Spider-Man: Homecoming

For all you superhero fans out there, there is a Spider-Man film hitting theaters on July 7, 2017! This film is all about Peter Parker (played by Tom Holland) as he manages his new life as both Spider-Man and a high schooler. 

5. Stranger Things

If you didn’t watch Stranger Things on Netflix this summer…we aren’t really sure what to say and we are very disappointed in you. The great news is that the show has been renewed for 2017 and we are looking forward to getting answers after the mysterious season finale (so for those of you who haven’t seen it yet, please take this time to catch up before the next season is released).   

6. Train

If you’re a fan of this band and feel like you haven’t heard new music in awhile, don’t worry because their new album A Girl, a Bottle, a Boat will be released in January 2017! Their latest single “Play That Song” is out now.

7. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

If you’ve been a Pirates fan since the very beginning, the fifth film of the franchise comes out May 26, 2017. Check out the trailer here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xo3af_6_Jk

Info courtesy of imdb.com and youtube.com

Photos courtesy of glamourmagazine.co.uk, hollywoodtake.com, abc.go.com, wikipedia.com, http://mp3mission.com, imdb.com

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.