7 Movies & TV Shows We’re Most Excited to Watch on Disney+ Next Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

When you wish upon a star… You get a streaming service that has pretty much every Disney title ever. 

The Walt Disney Company’s streaming service, Disney+, is launching Nov. 12, and I could not be more excited. On Oct. 14, the Disney+ Twitter account created the mother of all Twitter threads and revealed nearly all of the content that is coming to their service. They are going to have TV series and movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and 20th Century Fox. There will be old favorites as well as original content that can only be found on Disney+. The pricing is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year, and all of the content will be ad-free and downloadable on your preferred devices.

I am so excited for Disney+ , and here are just some of the TV shows and movies that I cannot wait to have on my screen:

Halloweentown

I know, by the time Disney+ is available, Halloween will be over, but you can still continue celebrating the autumn season with it. Also, there is no denying that this is one of the best Disney Channel original movies of all time. When I was a kid, I remember thinking it was not Halloween until I watched this movie because I was so enchanted by all of the magic and fantasy. It was a tradition for me, and even if I will be watching it after Oct. 31, I am so excited to fulfill that Halloween tradition once again.

The Princess Diaries

This was definitely another favorite of mine. I always thought Mia Thermopolis looked uber cool in her Doc Martens, and the makeover scene seemed so fun! 

The Lizzie McGuire Movie

“This Is What Dreams Are Made Of” was one the best songs from a Disney Channel original movie, and no one can convince me otherwise. Of course I am going to rewatch this!

The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

As a child, I would watch this show religiously after school. This was only of the only shows that my siblings and I could agree on, and I remember us watching it all together. One of my favorite episodes was the Halloween special called “The Ghost in Suite 613.” Again, I know Halloween will be over, but I am probably going to re-watch that one first.

Camp Rock

I just went to the Jonas Brothers concert last week, and it was one of the best concerts that I have ever been to! They sang “Gotta Find You” from Camp Rock there, and since seeing that performance, I have been wanting to watch this movie all over again. 

High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

High School Musical was iconic. Sharpay was chasing her dreams and Troy and Gabriella’s love was everything to me. I am super interested in seeing what they do this series and if it will stir up any nostalgia for me.

Noelle

I get it, I am jumping from Halloween to Christmas very quickly, but I love holidays. I am a sucker for a good, heartwarming Christmas movie, even if it is a little cheesy. This movie has Anna Kendrick, someone I have been a fan of since Pitch Perfect, and the ever-so-wonderful Bill Hader. He is one of the most endearing actors out there, and I really appreciate how raw and honest he is about his mental health. I am so thrilled to see these two paired up in a film together, and I cannot wait to get into the festive spirit with it!

Basically, this streaming service is every Disney fan’s dream, and there is going to be so much to choose from! You can already preorder the Disney+ service to begin planning what you’ll watch first! 

Emily is a UCLA graduate with a degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Musicology. She is a huge skincare enthusiast as well as a fashion and makeup lover who likes to experiment with her style. When she has some free time, she can be found obsessing over music and musicians, painting or going outside to enjoy the sun.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.