This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Are you a UCLA student looking for some campus organizations to join? Are you passionate about advocating for LGBTQ+ topics? Look no further! 

Lavender Health Alliance

Lavender Health Alliance is a student organization that focuses on increasing campus awareness of LGBTQ+ health inequalities. They also aim to foster a community for future LGBTQ+ healthcare providers. If you’re interested, join their mailing list, fill in their interest form and attend informational sessions (which usually happen Fall quarter). Some of the events put on by the club this year include the “Healthcare Hoedown,” study lounges and speaker events. Follow their Instagram (@lavhealthalliance) to keep up to date with their latest events!

Transgender UCLA Pride

Another LGBTQ+ campus organization to be on the lookout for is Transgender UCLA Pride or @uclatransup on Instagram. TransUP is a social-focused organization for transgender, nonbinary, genderqueer, aqueer and gender-questioning UCLA students, both undergraduate and graduate. The club holds bi-weekly meetings open to all of its members. These meetings include fun socials, game nights and reflection spaces. During the Spring quarter, these meetings were held every other Thursday over Zoom.

OutWrite Magazine

OutWrite Magazine is a campus media platform aiming to shed light on issues faced by the queer community. For students interested in empowering the voices of the LGBTQ+ community while honing in on your writing skills, OutWrite Magazine is the organization for you! OutWrite writes pieces on a multitude of topics which includes politics and news, arts and entertainment, opinion, community and creative writing. They even have print editions every once in a while which can be found in the UCLA LGBT center!

Pride Admit Weekend

UCLA PAW, Pride Admit Weekend, gives new LGBTQ+ UCLA students an opportunity to connect with one another while learning more about Bruin life. UCLA PAW has a program for both incoming freshmen and transfer students. During PAW, students will get a deep dive into social and academic life at UCLA. Students will also get mentors to guide them through the weekend and answer any of their specific questions. By the end of PAW, students will be able to feel a sense of community and make lasting friendships! 

PRISM

Another LGBTQ+ campus organization to check out is UCLA PRISM. UCLA PRISM is a LGBTQ+ Christian fellowship organization. The organization is open to all genders and sexual orientations. Through their events, they hope to build a community where members are able to help one another on their faith journeys and relationships. If you’re looking to strengthen your religious ties, check out PRISM!

Queer and Trans in STEM

If you’re a STEM student, check out Queer and Trans in STEM at UCLA! This organization aims to foster a community for LGBTQ+ students studying in STEM fields at UCLA. The club aims to promote inclusivity within this field by empowering its members. Through a combination of social, academic and professional opportunities, members get the opportunity to engage with other LGBTQ+ STEM students.

BlaQue

BlaQue, a campus organization under the Queer Alliance and Afrikan Student Union, aims to unite the Black and LGBTQ+ community. Some of their events they hosted this year include study halls, annual conferences and healing spaces. Recently, they hosted a game night and an interactive discussion regarding sexual health. To stay up to date with their latest events and opportunities check them out on their Instagram @blaque.ucla!

Hopefully, these campus opportunities get you excited to join some LGBTQ-focused organizations next year. There are so many opportunities to get involved within the community at UCLA and it’s just a matter of finding what suits your interests the most!

Anya is a first-year economics major at UCLA and is a feature-writer for Her Campus. When she's not writing, she loves to scuba dive, go makeup shopping, and indulge in black sesame ice cream. She's obsessed with Disney movies and will 100% cry when watching Finding Nemo.