This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

If you are following or attending the upcoming Coachella Music Festival, you constantly hear the names “Ariana Grande,” “Childish Gambino,” “Khalid,” “Kid Cudi” and more top headliners that hold prime time slots on the best stages. However, there are a ton of artists lined up to play Coachella that have amazing music and amazing voices, but they are just not a big name. If you are in need for some artists to fill up your time during the day or before the big headliners comes on, here are a few to check out:

King Princess 

King Princess, known by her real name Mikala Straus, is a 20-year old singer-songwriter from Brooklyn, New York. She is currently signed to Mark Ronson’s record label called Zelig Records. With a retro-pop vibe, King Princess released her first single called “1950” in February 2018, and after Harry Styles from One Direction tweeted a lyric from the song, she began to gain lots of traction. After releasing her debut album at the end of 2018, King Princess is now hitting the stage at big festivals like Coachella and Lollapalooza. Check out her set Friday, April 12th and Friday, April 19th from 4:15-5:00PM at the Mojave stage.

88GLAM

88GLAM is a Canadian hip hop duo of Derek Wise and 88 Camino that was formed in 2017. Wise became famous before joining the duo when he was found by singer The Weeknd. 88GLAM is signed to XO Records and Republic Records. They released their album at the end of 2018 with features from Gunna and Nav, which gave the duo great recognition. To check out this up and coming rap duo, head to the Outdoor Theater from 4:00-4:40PM on Friday, April 12th or Friday, April 19th.

Wallows

This American indie rock band based in Los Angeles is composed of Braeden Lemasters, Cole Preston, and Dylan Minnette. You may know Dylan Minnette from his role as Clay Jensen in the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why. The band is currently signed to Atlantic Records. They went on their first headlining tour in 2018 and have even played on big stages at South by Southwest. After releasing their first music in 2017, they recently came out with their first full album last month. If you are looking for an indie rock, punk feel, check out their set on Saturday, April 13th or Saturday, April 20th from 1:30-2:15PM at the Mojave stage.

Nora en Pure

Daniela Niederer, better known as Nora en Pure, is a South African-Swiss DJ and deep house producer. As a DJ, record producer and musician, Nora en Pure combines the vibes of indie, techno and deep house music. She began gaining recognition after performing at big festivals like Coachella, Tomorrowland and Ultra. Watch her take on the Coachella stage again at the huge Sahara stage on Friday, April 12th or Friday, April 19th from 10:35-11:45PM.

Maggie Rogers

Maggie Rogers is an American musician, singer-songwriter and producer from Maryland. Rogers’ fame sparked after being discovered by Pharrell Williams at New York University’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music. After signing with Capitol Records and appearing on television shows like The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and Saturday Night Live, Rogers released her debut album at the beginning of 2019. To listen to her catchy, art pop tunes, check out the Gobi Stage from 7:20-8:10PM on Saturday, April 13th or Saturday, April 20th.

Ookay

Abraha Laguna, who goes by the stage name Ookay, is an American electronic dance music producer, singer and DJ. At age 27, he embodies the genres of dubstrep, trap and techno. Having collaborations with big names like Marshmello and Noah Cyrus, and teaming up with Diplo to remix the late Avicci’s “You Make Me,” this artist is definitely one to watch. If you are ready to dance your heart out and hear a great DJ, check out his set at the Sahara Stage on Saturday, April 13th or Saturday, April 20th from 2:45-3:30PM.

Alyssa is the Senior Editor of the UCLA Chapter of Her Campus. She is a 4th year Communication Studies major and Film, TV, and Media minor. In her free time, Alyssa loves working out, going to tons of concerts, and binging reality TV episodes. Contact Alyssa via email: alyssabonchick@me.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.