This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With Halloween just around the corner, you might be wondering just how to celebrate the spooky holiday this year. Maybe you want to switch things up or maybe you just don’t know what there is to do. Well, whether you live for the thrill of fear or you like to take it easy and avoid the frights on Halloween, I have 6 places for you to visit that you will definitely enjoy:

Halloween horror nights at universal studios

This Halloween tradition is something you must have already heard about before. Filled with haunted houses, Scare Zones, mazes, shows and the magic of Universal Studios production, Halloween Horror Nights is sure to get your blood racing. The actors, props and sets make all your worst nightmares come to life and you will probably be jump scared or feel something crawling near you in the misty fog. With general tickets ranging from $84-$109, this attraction is a bit on the pricier side, but if you are truly seeking out terror on Halloween, make sure to go here.

Universal Studios Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood / Flickr
Knotts scary farm

For those who want the experience of Horror Nights but are a little timider, Knotts Scary Farms is the way to go. The best part about this location is that their thrill rides run at night, and honestly, not much can be as scary as a 90-degree roller coaster drop when it’s dark out. The entire theme park is converted, and although they do not have the Universal Studios production level, they also have mazes, scare zones, actors and shows that are sure to haunt you. General tickets start at $59, which also means this event gives you a lot of bang for your buck.

Knott's Scary Farm
Michael Saechang / Flickr
Forneris Farms corn maze

Now, if you are not a fan of the nighttime spooky events but still want an adrenaline rush, you should definitely check out Forneris Farms. This festive location might only be open in the daytime, but every dead end you hit will leave you with more and more fear. Patience and a calm mind are key because the maze is literally built to frustrate you, but the feeling of accomplishment once you reach the end is completely worth it. Tickets are $20 a person and don’t worry, there are experts who will come to rescue you if you really can’t figure it out. 

Corn Maze
Kari / Flickr
Mr. jack o’ lanterns pumpkin patch

You can’t have Halloween without pumpkins, and if these big orange bulbs are a staple in your celebration, you have to go to Mr. Jack O’ Lanterns’ pumpkin patch. There’s pumpkin decorating, carving, bowling and even a petting zoo, making it the perfect DIY day trip for a group of friends. A $20 Jack-O’-Pass will get you a mini pumpkin, a decorating session and access to all their games and activities. Sometimes, it’s just fun to feel like a kid again, and this West LA spot will undoubtedly stir up some nostalgia.

Pumpkin patch
Ken Hawkins / Flickr
Griffith park haunted hayride

Back to more intense Halloween celebrations, the LA Haunted Hayride is a twist on the walk through a nightmarish theme park. Instead, you are put in a wagon that takes you through the horror and ghouls, which also makes you have less control over where you’re going and the scares themselves. They also give you the option to walk through the park, which has its own mazes and haunted zones that all have stories and themes of their own. With tickets from $29.99-$39.99, depending on if you want to explore the rest of the park or not, this site is not for the faint of heart. 

Mad doc, Haunted Hayride, Griffith Park, LA, CA, USA
Cory Doctorow / Flickr
delusion: an interactive play

Some people have already done some forms of all the ideas I mentioned above, and if that’s the case for you, here is something you don’t want to miss. Joining its hair-raising theme park counterparts, Delusion is an interactive play that is choreographed to the T just to make sure you leave frightened. It is hosted in a haunted house, adding to its authenticity, and just stands out because of its drama and purposeful dialogue, which forces you to become part of the story. Their goal is to make you feel trapped with them, as they act out chilling scenes you are forced to watch. This one-of-a-kind experience starts at $89, which is pricey, but if you can’t find the thrill you are looking for anywhere else, there is no better place than here.

With all of these options, LA guarantees a great way to celebrate Halloween for everybody. And who knows, maybe you’ll make some new and unique traditions out of these along the way.

Neeti is a UCLA student who has loved writing ever since she was born, whether that meant composing poetry or writing opinionated articles. She loves learning languages and is currently learning her fifth one. She loves water, hiking, biking, playing with her dog, and listening to music.