nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 6 Best Halloween Movies To Bring Back Your Youth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Being a college student during October can bring back some nostalgic memories. I remember as a child turning on cable TV to binge-watch every Halloween movie. It was so exciting to be scared and frightened. I loved the decorations, the pumpkin smells and the gloomy atmosphere that came with the spooky season. My favorite memory from when I was younger is bundling up in my huge blanket, wrapped around like a burrito and grabbing a big bowl of popcorn to watch my favorite scary shows. Here are some favorites to help you relive your childhood Halloween days!

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Despite having “Christmas” in the title, this movie is great for Halloween time! This film takes place in Halloween Town, where there is a pumpkin king named Jack Skellington. Jack’s normal routine is scaring people, but he decides to take a turn and kidnap Santa Claus. This is a great mix between the holidays and perfect to bring back those childhood memories. 

2. Halloweentown (1998)

Despite this movie being made in the 1990s, it is still a classic! This one is about a 13 year old girl named Marnie who learns she is a witch and ends up having to fight other supernatural creatures in order to save the town. It is just what it sounds like! A magical place with witches and warlocks. She is in for a set of adventures! 

3. Twitches (2005)

Two twin witches were born on Halloween and have magical powers, and in this film, they have to figure out how to navigate life in the magical place called Coventry, as well as on Earth. This one is a must-see with Disney stars Tamera and Tia Mowry! 

4. Coraline (2009)

This thriller did not first come out during October, but it is by far one of the spookiest movies to watch with friends! The dolls and figures with buttons in their eyes give out eerie feels and put you right into the Halloween mood! The main character is played by star Dakota Fanning!

5. Casper (1995)

Yet another movie made in the 90s that hits the feels. This one is about a friendly ghost in the east coast who is making new friends. Casper meets a cute girl but has trouble keeping up with their friendship because of his physical state as a ghost. Nevertheless, it is a must-see and will definitely bring back those childhood memories! 

6. Spooky Buddies (2011)

This film is based off of “Air Buddies,” which is a team of cute golden puppies. It is perfect to see this team of dogs run around trying to stop the evil warlock. It is another Disney movie, so you know it is good. Plus, who doesn’t like seeing adorable animals on screen?! 

Editorial Team Feature Writer
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.