5 Times We Loved Our HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

This week Her Campus at UCLA has been highlighting a few survival tips for all our fellow Bruins out there. But the real survivors this week were us, thanks to the HC Survival Kits. Few days top the day that HC UCLA receives our survival kits, and we wanted to send a big thank you to the sponsors that made our days and enabled us to host three giveaways so far this quarter. 

Day 1: Arrival

I came home to this big box of goodies after moving into my new apartment! The best part is always right before you open it, when you’re not sure what useful items were sent this time around. The excitement is tangible. 

Giveaway 1: “Treat yourself” kit We held an Instagram giveaway for some health/beauty items, including Rimmel mascara, Juicy Couture perfume, Freeman’s mask, Monistat anti-itch cream, and Sheer pantyhose. Our winner was Mariana! 

Meeting 1: The staff tests it out

For our first meeting of the year, our new girls and returning staffers alike dug into the box and took some samples to try out. Whether it’s the Wearsafe app or the Rimmel Mascara and blue eyeliner, everything was intriguing and enticing. It’s always nice to get pampered at our first meeting. 

Giveaway 2: The Twitterverse

Our Twitter giveaway consisted of “The Roommate Book” and a Rimmel lipstick from the survival kit. Nisha from Twitter won — we’re sure she’s rocking the red lip stick T. Swift style. 

Giveaway 3: Thirsty, anyone?

Finally we shared the love from our new HC Survival Kits with another Instagram giveaway, this time choosing Sarina as the recipient of our CamelBak thermos. Gotta stay hydrated in Los Angeles! This was the perfect giveaway item for the week because we hosted a Los Angeles-themed Instagram week, and of course since we live in a desert, hydration is always key. 

Thanks for helping us survival fall quarter! HCXO

Lindsay was the president/editor-in-chief of the UCLA chapter of Her Campus from 2015-2018. She was previously the Viral Section Editor at Her Campus and an Editorial Intern at the headquarters in Boston. Lindsay grew up in Washington state and transitioned to love the Southern California sunshine while studying communications and environmental science at UCLA. Twitter: @WeinbergLindsay.