IMG 4807jpeg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 4807jpeg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Genessee Floressantos
Style > Beauty

5 Skincare Products I Emptied And Will Definitely Repurchase

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Ever buy a skincare product, try it and then think, “Wow, I really don’t like this.” I know the feeling and it’s always so disappointing knowing that you already spent money for a product that is just going to sit on your bathroom shelf. After a lot of trial and error for my sensitive and oily skin, I have now found products that really work for me to the point where I have repurchased them or plan to in the near future! 

Up & Up 10% Benzoyl Peroxide Gel ($3.49)

I have been using a variation of this product since I first started doing skincare. Now that I know more about the product, I know that it is very intense and can dry out my skin. So, I use this as a spot treatment instead of putting it all over my face like I used to when I was a little 12 year old. The benzoyl peroxide in the product helps to clear acne and treat the bacteria inside the blemish.

Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash ($10)

Originally, this face wash was a gift to me and I thought nothing of it until I tried it. The cleanser leaves my skin feeling silky and takes off all my makeup without leaving residue or drying it out. On top of that the face wash comes with five ounces of product, which is so much more than other brands. It lasted me for about four months! It smells very tropical with some light notes of coconut in it as well. 

Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea ($12)

Before trying it, I had seen this spray everywhere and was very skeptical of it. However, after a long time of using it, it works as a great light toner in the morning to refresh my skin. It smells like aloe and gives my skin a great glow that makes me look more awake. Besides being used as a light toner, if you spray the product on and leave it to air dry it becomes slightly tacky and can work as a primer.

Ole Henriksen Glow2OH Dark Spot Toner ($28)

This was another product that I was very skeptical of. It seemed like every beauty guru said it was good and most reviews I read were folks who had gotten the product from influencers. Eventually, I caved and bought the product and fell in love. The current bottle I am using is pictured above and I have had it for almost four months with my second bottle already on its way. The product is advertised to make you glow and reduce texture and dark spots. In the time that I have used it, I can say it has done all those things and really taken my skin to the next level.

Ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème ($45)

Before I bought it, I had my eye on it for so long. Once I did get it, I completely fell in love with the citrus scent and the thin gel consistency. It blends into the skin flawlessly, does not leave me feeling greasy and is great for all skin types. The Vitamin C also helps to brighten the skin and can be used in the morning to make you look more awake. When used at night, I wake up feeling refreshed with my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Each and every product has done such amazing things for my skin and the fact that almost all of them smell great is an added bonus. I hope you try and love all the products I mentioned so that you can get your glow on. 

Genessee (Gen-eh-see) is a second year, non-transfer senior majoring in English at UCLA. During her free time she loves to read, write, and dance. Currently she is a feature writer with HerCampus UCLA, writer for the UCLA VDay Coalition, and treasurer of Grupo Folklórico de UCLA. You can contact Genessee at genfloressantos@gmail.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.