Life > Experiences

5 Insta-Worthy Museum Exhibits You Should Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Looking to spice up your Instagram feed? Or running out of date ideas? Here are five exciting museum exhibits you should check out:

Academy Museum of motion pictures

The Academy Museum of Motion Pictures is the largest museum in the country devoted to the arts, sciences and artists in the filmmaking industry. This museum is always featuring exhibits related to the classic movies we know and love. If you’re looking for something really aesthetic, the Academy Museum has an exhibit on Hayao Miyazaki, the creator of popular animated films My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. Check it out before it closes on June 5.

THe Getty villa

If you enjoy the sight of beautiful architecture coupled with incredible sculptures, you should visit the Getty Villa. This museum takes the visitor into the ancient world of Greek and Roman art. Take your partner on a peaceful stroll through luscious gardens and fancy fountains during your next date.

Los Angeles county museum of art

If you’re living in L.A., you have to visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art at least once. This museum is one of the largest in the city, and the “Urban Light” feature is a staple in any girl’s Instagram feed.

Hammer museum

Don’t want to spend on an Uber? No worries. The Hammer Museum is available for viewing right in Westwood Village. The Hammer features galleries of historical works and contemporary art, meaning there’s something for everyone. The Hammer also hosts other events, such as readings and screenings, so be sure to check out their website to stay up to date.

Griffith observatory

Finally, check out the Griffith Observatory for a romantic escape to space that’s reminiscent of La La Land. The observatory gives you a variety of things to do, from geeking out over its 60 exhibits to enjoying a view of the city from a vantage point. The best part is, like a lot of the museums above, admission here is free.

Next time you find yourself scrambling for a date idea or a social outing idea, I encourage you to check out one of these museums! It’s sure to be an educational experience and an Instagram-worthy one.

Louise is a junior double majoring in English and Economics. She loves reading contemporary fiction and making Spotify playlists.