This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Looking for date ideas to go on with your significant other? Look no further! I recognize that it might be difficult to go out on expensive dates, especially when you’re a college student. However, it is possible to go on many dates without spending a lot or sometimes not even spending anything! Here are five of my top suggestions: 

Tapia Bros Farm 

It’s that sweater weather time of year, and what better way than to start the season off than by going on a date to a pumpkin patch? It’s the perfect place to go take cute pictures and make memories. This location in particular is a pretty good price compared to some other more expensive patches I have seen. This pumpkin patch can be found in Encino around Balboa Park. The good thing about this place is, not only do you get to take cute pictures with your partner, but you can also enjoy the corn maze. Don’t wait too long to check out this place! This pumpkin patch is running from October 1st to the 31st, Monday through Sunday. They have different hours of operation depending on the day you go. 

Small Pumpkin In Hand
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
Olive Garden

For those who love pasta and never ending breadsticks, Olive Garden is your place! Don’t just go to Olive Garden at any time. Make sure to go during their lunch special hours: 11:00am – 3:00pm. During this period, you can choose from nine of their lunch specials with prices starting at $7.99 (prices vary in certain locations). This is a cute romantic date that you can go on without spending a lot of money. Plus, with those prices, who wouldn’t want to go? I highly recommend checking it out before 3:00pm so you can enjoy a nice lunch with your partner! 

Pasta
Shun Matsuhashi / Spoon
Echo Park Swan Boats by Wheel Fun Rentals 

Taking a stroll in the evening with your partner sounds fun; however, it sounds more fun and romantic when you can go on a swan boat at Echo Park for only $11.00 per hour! This activity can be done at any time of the day from 9:00am to 10:00pm. I recommend going when the sun is setting to be able to catch that golden hour as well as a beautiful view of the LA skyline in the distance. 

Doctor’s House Museum and Gazebo 

If you love museums and learning new things, this is a perfectly cute date that you and your partner can enjoy. The Doctor’s House is only open on Sundays from 2:00pm to 4:00pm. Aside from going to the museum, you can also have a picnic in the small park right next to it that features an ethereal gazebo perfect for a small romantic getaway. This afternoon delight proves to be a fun activity where you can relax and enjoy each other’s presence. 

Descanso Gardens 

A stroll down many cute gardens is a great way to get away from one’s problems. Not only do you get away from everything, but you also get to spend time with your partner and get to know one another even more! The nice thing about the Descanso Gardens is they have “Free Tuesday,” which happens on the third Tuesday of each month. I definitely recommend checking this free event out given its location and inexpensive nature. However, I do suggest visiting the website multiple times in order to find out when they release their free tickets. 

I understand it can be a bit expensive every time you and your partner go out, especially with prices rising up. But, luckily, there are plenty of inexpensive options out there! I hope that these five ideas help you enjoy your time with your significant other!

Maria Alfaro is a fourth year student at UCLA majoring in Sociology and minoring in Spanish. She joined HerCampus at UCLA in 2021 and ever since has been able to do what she enjoys; write and share her stories with everyone. Her love for journalism grows with each story she gets to write. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. In her free time you can find her exploring the city of LA, dancing, binge-watching, blogging or relaxing.