Style > Beauty

5 Glossier Products That I Think Are Worth The Hype (And I’ve Tried A Lot Of Them)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Since coming to LA, I’ve taken numerous trips to the Glossier store on Melrose Avenue. The perfectly curated aesthetic of the space combined with the huge range of products (and Alfred’s iced lattes next door) makes this one of my favorite spots to browse and wander. Personally, I’m not a fan of wearing ultra-dramatic makeup. Sheer colors and glowy finishes are definitely more of my vibe. I love Glossier because they have perfected formulas that are effortless to use and look great every time (not to mention, they come in adorable pastel packaging). 

Given how many times I’ve been to the Glossier store, I’ve tried quite a few products. With just how many items they have (including makeup, skincare and fragrances), navigating it all can be a bit daunting. To make your next Glossier trip (be it in person or online) less overwhelming, here are five of my favorite products:

Balm Dot Com

I had to start with my most used product. Possibly Glossier’s most popular item, this lip balm comes in nine permanent flavors, with the occasional special edition flavor. I have tried the mint, coconut, birthday, fragrance-free, cookie butter and Swiss Miss flavors, and I have loved them all. My childhood obsession with Lip Smackers may be partially responsible for my love for these, but they really do work well. Most are clear while others have a subtle tint, which I also appreciate. 

Boy Brow

I like makeup products that are simple to use, and Boy Brow is just that. Other brow products can be tricky to perfect and easy to go overboard with. I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to go wrong with this product. It’s thicker than the typical brow gel, so it fills in your brows while also keeping them in place. After trying this, I don’t think I’ll ever go back to brow pencils.

Lash Slick

I had actually never heard anyone talk about this mascara prior to my using it. I happened to try it because it came in a set with other products, and I instantly loved it. It’s not clumpy at all and doesn’t flake under my eyes (an issue I have with a lot of other mascaras). 

Glossier You Perfume

In terms of fragrances, I don’t like anything too strong or overpowering. The best way I can describe this scent is that it smells clean and fresh. It’s light enough to spritz on every day. If the wonderful scent wasn’t enough, the packaging is also super cute and will look great sitting on your vanity. I’ve successfully convinced multiple people to buy this perfume after smelling it, if that speaks to just how good it is. 

Cloud Paint

For the longest time, I steered clear of cream blushes. I had tried one in the past and ended up abandoning it because it was impossible to blend into my skin. Cloud paint is the exact opposite and has reintroduced me to the world of cream blushes. It amazes me every time how seamlessly this blush blends and how soft and glowy it looks. My favorite shade is “beam,” which the website describes as a “soft peach” color.

I’ve spent a long time perfecting my daily routine, carefully trying to find that perfect balance between no makeup and a full face. Through meticulous trial and error, Glossier has become a staple in my makeup bag. If you, too, are aiming to achieve that effortless yet put-together look, these products are a good place to start. 

Lily is a third year Political Science major at UCLA from Sarasota, FL. In her free time, she loves binge-watching sitcoms, listening to music, and finding new coffee shops.