Friends Walking Together 3
Friends Walking Together 3
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

5 Fun Dates To Take Your Girlfriends On This Galentine’s Day 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

On the very first Galentine’s Day, Leslie Knope – the protagonist of the popular sitcom Parks and Recreation – treated the most important women in her life to brunch, stories and thoughtful gifts. This year, it is your turn to carry on her legacy! Celebrate your girlfriends by taking them out on one of these five unique dates around LA.

For The Fashionistas: Shopping On Melrose Avenue

get in loser mean girls
Paramount Pictures

With an abundance of thrift shops and no shortage of trendy, experiential stores to explore, Melrose Avenue and the neighboring Fairfax district offer something for everyone. Hunt for vintage treasures and designer labels at Goodwill, step into Tyler the Creator’s Golf Wang or wander through Glossier’s millennial pink playground of a store. After a day of shopping, snap a picture in front of the famous pink wall for Instagram.

For The Foodies: Dinner & Dessert On Sawtelle

Galentin'es doughnuts
Uby Yanes

Located at the heart of Los Angeles’s Japantown, Sawtelle Boulevard is home to some of the best Asian food in the area. Grab a tray of fresh noodles and tempura at Marugame Udon, hop in line for the famed ramen at Tsujita or savor fresh sashimi at Hide Sushi. After dinner, head to BSweet Bakery and Cafe for the melt-in-your-mouth Ube bread pudding or share a creme brûlée crepe from Millet Crepe next door. (P.S. If you and your girls want to treat yourselves and get both, no one is judging.)

For The Outdoorsy Types: Hike To The Hollywood Sign

friends girls hike sunset mountains adventure silhouette
Melody Ozdyck / Her Campus

Each of the six trails through Griffith Park boasts its own iconic landmarks and lookout points, so just choose the one that best suits your group’s fitness level and time constraints. You can start at Innsdale Drive for a direct view of the Hollywood sign, then hike up Mulholland. Fans of the film La La Land may recognize the skyline at Cathy’s Corner, where Mia and Sebastian tap dance under the stars. Or, set aside the whole day and walk through Brush Canyon for incredible views of the city, observatory and mountains.

For The Artists: A Day At The Getty

Met Gala Gown
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus

The collection housed within this sprawling art museum is incredibly diverse, so there is sure to be something for every taste. Spend a few hours wandering through the galleries and gardens, then catch a docent-led architecture tour and watch the sunset from the sky deck. The panoramic view of the city is unparalleled!

For The Adventurers: Pole Dancing Lessons

Unsplash / Bruce Mars

A pole dancing class may feel like a step out of your comfort zone, but what better time to try something new than Galentine’s Day? Take the opportunity to support your friends, unwind and let loose. You may just walk out feeling empowered, sexy and closer to your girls. Studios you can check out include Evolve Dance Studio, Allure Dance and Fitness Studio and D&A Flying Yoga. They are all nearby, highly rated and beginner-friendly!

No matter how you and your friends define a fun day out, this city has you covered. Explore, indulge and, most importantly, celebrate the connections you have with each other. Have a Happy Galentine’s Day!

Althea is a freshman at UCLA. Her favorite things are fashion, exploring new places, and her dog- in that order. You can follow her insta @althea.zhao!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.