5 Despacito Remixes You Aren’t Listening To But Should

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

While you have all been listening to Despacito on repeat this summer, I’ve been mixing it up with all these great remixes which are on iTunes & Spotify. Who knew Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee made SO many versions of the hit song.

1. The Original Version

This version is a bit faster than the Justin Bieber remix and does not include as much English. 

2. Versión Pop

This version is definitely slower than the original and includes extra drum beats and guitar rhythms in the background to give it more of a pop beat.

3. Versión Sky/Urbana

The Sky/Urbana version has a Latin urban beat to it. It has a fun/dancey beat in the background. I can’t help but want to dance while listening to it.

4. Major Lazer & MOSKA Remix

This version has an extended lyrical beginning with more beats added in until Luis Fonsi starts singing the sped up lyrics. If you thought it was hard to sing along before, you have no idea how hard it is to keep up with this version. Then when right when he’s about to sing “Despacito” the beat drops and it turns into an EDM song.

5. Versión Salsa ft. Victor Manuelle

This sounds like Despacito with a traditional salsa soundtrack in the background. The salsa beat in the background definitely helps you keep the salsa rhythm while dancing along. Daddy Yankee’s rap towards the end of the song is replaced by Latin Grammy nominated Puerto Rican salsa singer Victor Manuelle.

Sara Zaghi was the Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief of Her Campus at UCLA, which rose to the #1 chapter in the Her Campus Chapter Network of 370+ Campuses during her tenure, from 2015-2019. Zaghi is a self-proclaimed "Professional Fangirl” and currently works in entertainment and fashion publicity. In 2016, Sara was listed as one of Her Campus' Top 22 Under 22 Most Inspiring College Women. Check out Sara's College Girl's Travel Guides for Catalina Island, Las Vegas, New York, Napa Valley, Boston, and Chicago. Contact Sara via email: Sara_Zaghi@yahoo.com
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.