5 of the Best Student Deals in Westwood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Going out to eat is one of the best ways to make any day feel like a treat. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday or good grade, getting a delicious meal is the best way to console your sorrows. However, this habit can seriously add up – my budget seriously goes 70% to food without me even noticing. Luckily for us, these Westwood restaurants offer great deals for students to enjoy a great meal without breaking the bank.

1. Pinches Tacos

Pinches offers a $6 combination plate for students with 2 tacos, rice, beans, chips, and a drink. Yep, all that for $6 (fish & shrimp are around $.50 extra). Pinches is also DELICIOUS, so even if you don’t want or like tacos, they have amazing taquitos, quesadillas, and more. What’s not to love?

2. Bibigo

If you show your BruinCard at Bibigo, you get 15% off your order. This is about $1, or the price of adding a fried egg to your bibimbap bowl (which is a must). If you haven’t been to Bibigo, I recommend getting a hot stone bowl with black rice, bulgogi, an egg, and all the vegetables. Trust me, the egg and hot stone bowl are worth the extra money.

3. Playfull

This technically isn’t a specific restaurant deal, but an app that gives you discounts at a ton of restaurants ranging from Coffee Bean to Barney’s Beanery. Play games to earn tickets you can cash in for free coffee, dessert, and more.

4. Maharaja Cuisine

Again, not specifically a student deal, but Maharaja is a GREAT value — I’m seriously in love with this place. It’s a little far from UCLA (it’s by Saffron and Rose) but worth the walk. Come in for lunch and get a $10 all-you-can-eat buffet of all kinds of Indian food. There’s a ton of options for all diets, and it comes with naan bread and dessert, too. Check on websites/apps like Groupon and Hooked before you go – Maharaja often has deals for 25% or $1 off.

5. Bella Pita

Get 10% off if you show your BruinCard. To be honest, I love Bella Pita because it’s always less crowded than Fat Sal’s or In n’ Out when I’m starving late at night. I also love how they have a serve-yourself topping bar, and the discount definitely helps!

Photo of Pinches Tacos by ChowYum

Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.