5 Apps That Make Going To School Online Just A Little Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Life is already hectic as is. Merging all this chaos with a load of online responsibilities doesn’t make it any easier; that’s where the beauty of software engineers come in. Here are five applications, both available on iPhone and Desktop for download, that have absolutely transformed my life. It’s time to get organized.

Notion & Notion Web Clipper

Notion is the ultimate all-in-one workplace. Your calendar, to-do lists, course information, notes, study guides, inspiration boards… all in one place. No more running between different websits & apps, thanks to Notion. Download here.

Good Notes (Across devices)

With school moving online, I’ve found it even more convenient to have all my notes stored across devices, online. GoodNotes not only can you store lecture slides, textbooks and other important documents, but its annotation, search and bookmarking features are top tier.

Dark Reader Google Chrome Extension

Say goodbye to eyestrain, hello to Dark Reader. Dark Reader is the perfect Chrome Extension for frequent online web users. This turns all your pages into “dark mode”, even if the site doesn’t offer it itself. Writing an essay using Dark Mode is definitely my favorite.

Zoom Utils Google Chrome Extension

Tired of juggling loads of class Zoom links and meeting urls? Zoom Utils lets you store all your Meeting IDs into one place: a largely convenient tab on Chrome. Now, with the click of a button, you can access all your zoom meetings in one place. No more having to sort through old emails.

Zotero & Zotero Web Clipper

I’m definitely late to the game on this one, but Zotero makes writing essays almost, fun? With Zotero & its corresponding Chrome web clipper, you can save all relevant journal articles you plan to cite in your paper in one place. Even better, it handles all citations & bibliography endevours. I no longer hate bibliographies, seriously. Thank you Zotero, my personal research assistant. 

I promise you, these apps have really elevated the online game for me. Say goodbye to eye strain and say hello to organized Zoom meetings, notes syncing across all devices and all the clutter of life organized into one app. You don’t want to sleep on these.

Nicolette is sophomore at UCLA studying psychobiology with a minor in professional writing. She is the author of her first published book, Control Mindset, a nonfiction guide to taking control of your mind & reality. Her aspirations are in the field of medicine, but she enjoys connecting the art of writing and creation with the sciences. She thinks writing biographies is very hard so she is butchering this as she types. She thanks you for reading her article and hopes you learned something new. She also loves coffee and needs some right now. She argues dark roast is the best roast. She's also probably hungry right now. Nom nom.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.