This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Festival season is approaching, but do not stress if you still don’t have a pass to Coachella. There a few ways you can still get your hands on a pass for either weekend one or weekend two, but keep in mind that your source has to be reliable. Unfortunately, you no longer can get your pass from the official Coachella website, but you can be placed on their waitlist. Other than that, you would have to get your pass from third party sellers. Yes, this may sound sketchy, but there are ways to make sure your pass is authentic while not paying an obscene amount of money. Here are 3 ways to buy passes for Coachella if it sold out before you could get your hands on them!

1. Coachella Waitlist

Regardless of all the different ways you can purchase your Coachella pass, you should put your name on the official waiting list on the Coachella website. The odds of actually getting a pass through this method is very low, but it is still worth a shot. In reality, it would be most ideal to get your pass in this manner since there is complete assurance that the pass is authentic. Yet, I still recommend only depending on the waitlist if you are rather iffy about going to the festival, but if you are dead set and want to go so badly then the bext three choices are your best bet.

2. Stubhub

The first way that seems to be the most popular is purchasing a Coachella pass through Stubhub. Stubhub is extremely popular for people to both sell and purchase any form of entertainment or sports ticket. They have an extremely reliable and understanding customer service team and provide an in-the-moment web chat service if you have any questions. The downside to using Stubhub is their prices. Obviously, as time goes on, prices for Coachella will fluctuate depending on when you want to purchase your ticket. As time nears, the prices will drop because people will become desperate to sell their passes, but due to the high demand right now, prices are rather high. In my opinion, it is better to wait a few weeks before the festival to purchase tickets off of Stubhub since it will be cheaper. The other reason why prices are extremely high is due to the service fee Stubhub requires you to pay. The service fee basically guarantees that the pass or ticket is authentic and that the seller is reliable, so there is no extra stress of receiving a fake pass.

3. Ask Around

The second way is to simply ask friends and their friends if anyone is selling their passes. As the festival weekend gets closer and closer, many people realize that they cannot attend due to school, work or other obligations. Knowing someone who is planning to sell is definitely beneficial because you have a seller you trust, and the price they will sell it may not be extremely high and unreasonable. On the other hand, this may not be the most ideal situation because it is more of a game of chance of whether or not someone you know will sell their ticket. This process depends more on luck if anything.

4. Social Media

The final way to get a pass instantly is to utilize social media, especially Facebook. There are numerous Facebook groups geared towards Coachella pass selling and buying, where people post about selling their tickets. Then through Facebook Messenger, you will be able to communicate with the seller and bargain on prices. Just be cautious that the seller is legitimate. Their Facebook profile should look somewhat active and they should be willing to show proof of buying the tickets by forwarding the confirmation email. Additionally, the way of transferring money should also be a safe process such as using PayPal, meeting in person and giving cash, and if necessary, using Venmo. Just be aware that Coachella does not ship out the wristbands until three weeks before the festival, so regardless, it will take some time to get the wristband. The seller is also able to change the shipping address through the Coachella website, so you can even get your pass shipped to your own address.

From personal experience, I can easily say when I went to Coachella two years ago, it was one of the best weekends of my life. I highly recommend using these tips to buy tickets for the experience of a lifetime!

Yasmin is a second year student at UCLA. She is majoring in Psychobiology and minoring in Global Health. Other than being involved in Her Campus, she does research at the Semel Institute in Los Angeles and is a member of Flying Sams. She loves reading, binge watching Netflix shows, and painting (even though she isn't great).
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.