gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Types of Pickup Lines on Tinder at Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

I’m not someone who uses dating apps often, but the opportunity to see what kind of people were at Coachella was too good to pass up. This weekend, I put the men to the test. 

In a place where there are over 100,000 people in attendance, getting funny or strange messages on a dating app seemed inevitable. Coachella is the perfect time to meet other people—hook-up culture is definitely present on the festival grounds. So many people are available for swiping in such a small area, meaning guests will experience matches galore if they continually use the app at the festival.

I was curious how many guys would message me, but mostly curious what the messages would look like during Coachella. I expected more puns about the musicians and the whole atmosphere of Coachella, but even though I didn’t get a “Will you (Cardi) B mine?” I still found the guys entertaining. 

1. The Straight-To-The-Point Guy

These two were definitely not afraid to get right to the point.

2. The Pickup Line Master

Classic Tinder messages, even in the desert.

3. The Festival Lover

Everyone in the area was there for Coachella, so mentioning the festival was a great way to grab my attention.

4. The Creative Thinker 

This one must have taken forever to write. A+ for the effort!

The number of matches that I got during the festival made me wonder how many people were just swiping right to try and hook-up, or if they genuinely wanted to meet people in the area. Coachella has a reputation for being a place to meet other people, and it’s in creative outlets like Tinder that users have the opportunity to engage in fun, silly conversation.

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.