ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Quick & Easy Tips For Picking The Perfect Gift

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

December is one of the most stressful months. The year is coming to the end, you are trying to finish achieving all your annual goals and most importantly, you have the responsibility to get your loved ones gifts. This guide will help you find the perfect gift for anyone in your life in four different ways!

Who Is The Person?

First, who are you buying a gift for? If it is for a parent, sibling, friend or a significant other, the gift will vastly differ. But most importantly, you need to know what type of gift the person wants. For example, if your relationship with them is more emotional and they are a sentimental person, then try being creative. Make something and add mini gifts on the side. On the other hand, if the person has a certain style or is obsessed with a certain hobby, then buy something that correlates with their personality and interests. In general, your aim is to cater to them while not giving yourself a great deal of stress.

What Is The Price?

You should always have a price limit to any gifts. If, in the past, the person has spent a certain amount on you and vice versa, then keep up the trend. However, if you are both college students or are just entering the workforce, then be smart about your choices. Remember the price does not matter; it is the thought that counts more! 

What Do They Need?

It is equally important to consider what they need. For example, does your mom want a new sweater for the winter? Or does your significant other have an eye on a specific phone case? Just be cautious and mindful of little hints here and there from your loved ones because it will make gift buying so much easier. Additionally, if they are an athlete, writer or artist then maybe cater your gift towards their passions. That way, you will be getting a gift they will not only love, but will use greatly.

Depend On Memories and Inside Jokes!

If none of these tips have assisted you in buying a gift so far, then revert to a new plan. Focus on your relationship with the person you want to give a gift to. Think back to funny or sentimental memories or refer back to inside jokes as a source of inspiration for the gift you either want to buy or make.

Hopefully these tips helped you find the perfect gift for people in your life or even inspired you. Regardless, it is the thought that counts so do not get too stressed this holiday season and be sure to enjoy the holiday festivities.

Yasmin is a second year student at UCLA. She is majoring in Psychobiology and minoring in Global Health. Other than being involved in Her Campus, she does research at the Semel Institute in Los Angeles and is a member of Flying Sams. She loves reading, binge watching Netflix shows, and painting (even though she isn't great).
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.