Photo of outfit
Photo of outfit
Original photo by Rebecca Karlous
Style

4 Fall Fashion Trends That Are IT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Fall fashion is 100% my favorite type of seasonal wardrobe. I mean, talk about all the types of sweaters, knits, hoodies and crewnecks we get to be wearing? Oof, it’s getting me excited as I type. Below are four fall fashion trends to be on the lookout for when planning your 2020 fall fashion wardrobe:

Statement Collar

A great and convenient way to amp up a typical crewneck and jeans outfit is by layering a clean, white-collar underneath. Think “Chilton Preparatory School” for all the Gilmore Girls fans out there. The subtle collar can make your outfit look more put together with a touch of preppiness to your chilly-weather ensemble.

Leather Pants

I don’t know about you, but leather pants have been popping all over my Pinterest. Incorporating leather pants into an outfit brings a unique level of edginess to a typical all-black outfit. Leather pants allow you to pair with fun prints and textures including cheetah, zebra and even a leather-on-leather moment. 

Oversized, white-collar top

A white-collared top can be worn so many ways this season for a warmer, fall day (aka California weather). Try wearing the top with one side tucked in and the other out for a more relaxed, mature look. Or, as seen in the photo, wear the top as a light jacket/coverup. As you can see so far, collared tops are essentially the main character.

Platform Converse Sneakers

This has been quite the popular shoe for the summer to fall transition season. The platform not only helps a 5’2 girl like me with extra height, but it also truly boosts any outfit in comparison to regular Chucks. I like to think of the platform shoe as the “sneaker version” of a classic, fall boot. Try them out, whether it’s a high top or low top platform, and you’ll see what I mean.

What are the fall trends you will be wearing this season? I hope you found some inspiration here! 

Rebecca (also goes by Bec and Becca) is an English major at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), and an Assistant Editorial Director and writer for HC at UCLA. In her free time, she loves a strong oat milk latte at a local LA coffee shop, catching the sunset at the beach and hunting for the perfect breakfast burrito.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.