3 Ways to Have a Fun Valentine’s Day as a Single Lady

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Not looking forward to seeing all the cute couples on Instagram praising their boyfriend or girlfriend? Don’t want to spend the day bitter and heartbroken? Valentine’s Day can always be a sad day for those who don’t have a significant other to spend it with. But why should we let the sadness stop us from having a great night? There are so many options to take into consideration, whether it be treating yourself or getting out there and having some fun! Don’t let the red balloons and heart-shaped candy get you down. Here are three ways to ensure a fun time as a single lady:

1. Have a night in by yourself! 

Grab your favorite face mask and bath bomb, light some candles and treat yourself to the night in that you deserve! Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to mean that you don’t get to get spoiled. After having a relaxing bath, pop in your favorite movie and eat all the junk food and candy you want! Buy yourself some roses and chocolates—it’s a night for self-love and relaxation, not sulking! 

2. Have a Galentine’s Day! 

Get together all your single besties and throw a party for yourselves! Get some bottles of champagne and get all dressed up; it’s time for a celebration! Just because you’re single doesn’t mean that you can’t have a good time on February 14th. Chances are, your besties will be just as sad as you on Valentine’s day, so why not get everyone together and remember that being single can be just as fun as having a significant other on V-Day!

3. Go out and have fun! 

You can go alone or grab your besties! Go out to dinner, go to a club or check out events going on in your city. Los Angeles is the place to be on Valentine’s Day, even if you don’t have a date to do things with. Go to Angel City Brewery where they want to treat the singles in the area with musical acts and other entertainment, OR join the Anti-Valentine’s Day Party at the Museum of Broken Relationships for their annual V-Day event! There are so many more events out there for single people! All you have to do is a little research.

Whatever you decide to do, make Valentine’s Day a day full of love and appreciation—even if it’s just for yourself.

Gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Emily is a graduate of UCLA and former Senior Editor of Her Campus at UCLA. During her free time, Emily loves to read, travel and binge-watch episodes of Gilmore Girls. She can be reached at emilylentz47@gmail.com.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.