Life > Experiences

3 Galentine’s Day Activities That Will Strengthen Your Friendship More Than Ever Before

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

To us, Galentine’s Day is all about living it up in the single life and having a great time with your girlfriends. Due to the pandemic, we have to find different ways to celebrate, but that does not mean we can’t take advantage of the resources we have to connect with the people we love! Here are three activities for all the single ladies’ power squads out there to develop a stronger and deeper bond with your gal pals: 

A Game of Intimate Questions

We’ve all heard about the game, “We Are Not Really Strangers” that has been taking the social media world by storm. The game retails for $25.00 – now, before you start moving to the next activity, I found a Quizlet with similar fun and deep questions for free. This game is all about deepening and creating strong relationships, mending those that were broken and coming to closure on things you never thought of. This holiday is all about love, and that means getting to know a loved one in a deeper and meaningful way, making this game a perfect activity. Make sure to grab tissues and lots of snacks because it will be a long night of tears and laughter.

A Mini Book Club

I’m pretty sure all of the girls in your squad have made a new year’s resolution to read more. So what better way to spend time together by reading a book of everyone’s choice?  My recommendation is the book “The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts” by Gary Chapman. This book focuses on romantic relationships, but understanding each other’s preferred way to demonstrate and receive love is vital- even in friendships. Whether it be acts of service, gift-giving or physical touch, when you know how a friend loves to be loved, that shows you care and value them. 

A Cake Decorating Session

I’ve been in love with the mini aesthetic cakes you see on Pinterest – have you seen them too? The minimal round cakes look like gouache paintings and white canvases with small flowers. Do you know what would be a great idea? Baking a cake before meeting with the girls and prepping the piping bags and frosting to decorate together. Everyone turns on their cameras and spends time chatting about different topics while decorating. The beauty of this new trend is that minimal is best! There is no need to have professional artistic skills; the cake is your canvas to decorate however you’d like!

Make this Galentine’s Day the best one yet by trying any of these three activities. Embrace the single life by spending the day of love with your girls! Don’t let the idea of singleness upset or discourage you. Love will come in its due time, but until then, it is important to remember to value the people you have around you – your best friends. 

Marvin is a Junior majoring in Korean and (hopefully) minoring in Comparative Literature. Her dream of living in LA has become a reality, even if she lives the UCLA experience through Zoom.