yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

3 Boo-zy Halloween Cocktails Perfect For Your Most Basic Witches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Ladies, it is that time of the year again, HALLOWEEN! And you know what that means, time to make some seasonal drinks to wake that spooky spirit in all of us. If we are being honest, I’m not the best when it comes to preparing anything in the kitchen… But at the same time, I’m not one to give up the opportunity to try out some themed drinks. A lot of the drinks for Halloween are black, which I’m not sure why, but I’m not the biggest fan of them. Dark drinks make me queasy. If you’re like me, and want to celebrate Halloween with a cute themed cocktail but forgo the dark liquor or food coloring then I have the drink for you! This recipe comes from the good people at HGTV.

1. Poison Apple Cocktail

You’ll need the following ingredients

* Vanilla Vodka

* Orange Liqueur

* Fresh Lemon Juice

* Champagne

* Ice

* Green Sugar for rim

Once you’ve gathered all your tools, you’ll have to do the following: Place vanilla vodka, orange liqueur, sour apple liqueur and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker filled 2/3 with ice. Shake until jet cold (about 20 seconds). Strain the drink into the cocktail glass and top with chilled champagne.

2. Gummy Worm Punch

This adorable recipe comes from Bitz n’ Giggles, a blog on quick and easy to make recipes. This is for all of us that still want to get in the spirit of Halloween but just without the alcohol. I really like this recipe because the items that you’ll need are fairly easy to get a hold of. For this tasty sweet drink you’ll need the following simple items. 

* Hawaiina Punch Green Berry Rush

* Lemon-Lime Soda

* Gummy Worms

Once you’ve gathered all your materials, you’ll need to do the following: Put gummy worms in a muffin tin then pour a little Hawaiian Punch into each muffin tin. Just enough so it covers the worms. If you have a few little pieces of the worms sticking out of the top of the liquid, that’s fine! Place the muffin tin in the freezer and let this freeze. This essentially becomes the ice cube to the soda. 

3. Pumpkin Butterbeer Hot Chocolate

This drink comes to us from Half Baked Harvest, they carry cute recipes for the whole family. This one is really fun because it’s almost like a trifecta of drinks— it’s sweet, cute, and a little naughty with the added bourbon. For this drink you’ll need the following ingredients

* Whole Milk

* Cocoa Powder

* Ground Cinnamon

* Pumpkin Puree

* Vanilla Extract

* Butter

* Bourbon (optional)

Once you’ve gathered all the necessary ingredients, you’ll do the following:  Add the milk to a large heavy bottomed pot. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, milk chocolate, pumpkin, butterscotch sauce, vanilla, butter and bourbon (if using). Place the pot over medium low heat until the milk is scalding, but not boiling. Be sure to stir the pot often to make sure nothing is sticking to the bottom and burning. Once the hot chocolate is steaming, ladle into mugs and dollop with cream. 

These are a super fun ideas to try with your friends that way if you mess up you won’t feel as bad when your other friends probably mess up too! Besides what can be better than having spooky drinks with a bunch of good friends.

*images courtesy of HGTV, Bitzngiggles, Half Baked Harvest

Mariana is a fourth year student UCLA majoring in International Development Studies and minoring in Urban and Regional Studies. She loves anything and everything with glitter on it. On her free time she enjoys eating acai bowls with her pet bunny, Lenord
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.