2013 Fall Fashion Trends at UCLA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

It’s almost the end of October and fall fashion is in full swing here at UCLA despite the warm(ish) weather. Though it may not even look like fall, the campus is full of bruins that know how to make a statement. Here are some fall fashion trends that I have noticed that are common amongst students:

Military-Inspired Jackets

(Diane Kruger rocking the military-inspired jacket)

Lately the military-inspired style has been making a comeback. The muted, neutral tones that are typical of this style are perfect for fall.

Combat Boots

(Steve Madden’s “Troopa” boots) 

Going along with the military-inspired trend, combat boots have been a major hit in the fall fashion sphere for many seasons. Combat boots will legitimately complement any outfit—they add just the right balance of quirkiness and fierceness.

“Fancy” Sweats

(Jessica Alba wearing 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target) 

Designers across the world have reinvented the idea of sweats. Instead of the boring, blah, gray image that we usually associate sweats with, brands have now added some innovative spunkiness to those old, worn out lazy-wear. These sweats now have some much-needed fun, many with sequins, graphics, and statement quotes. Recent seasons have seen a surge of this style and it doesn’t look like it will fade any time soon. 

Patterned Leggings

(Perfect fall pattern- image found on Windsor) 

Leggings have recently become a fashion staple, especially with the “leggings as pants” trend. But hey, there’s a reason why it’s been cemented as an everyday-wear item—it’s so comfortable! Patterns add a touch of self-expression and fun to an outfit, not to mention it makes a huge fashion statement!

Quirky Knit Hats/ Beanies

(Kylie Jenner rocks one of her many beanies) 

What better way to keep your head warm than to wear a knit hat? You can make a bold fashion statement with just something on your head, and at the same time, it serves a purpose! Knit hats have been all the rage this season, with prominent brands churning out these quirky accessories like no other. Knit hats with statements on them have been quite popular among young adult fashion this season, and we definitely see a lot of those around UCLA! 

From Mississippi to California! Freshman at UCLA :) Class of 2017! Go Bruins! Writer at Her Campus UCLA, member of Tri Delta!
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.