17 Thoughts We Have When Running Into a Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

1. What is he doing here and why does he look so good?

2. I should go over and say hi, right?

3. I mean, we’ve talked a few times during class, I think we have reached the point where it’s okay for me to say hello.

4. He noticed me staring, I’m going to wave, but it’s going to be a very casual wave.

5. Oh no, he’s coming over.

6. Wait, that’s a good thing. Be cool, be cool.

7. I think I’m laughing too much, but he’s actually really funny.

8. It’s getting difficult to act surprised about all of the things he’s telling me about himself. I definitely know this already since I’ve extensively read his Facebook page.

9. My friends are way too excited about this, although the encouragement is appreciated.

10. …and I tripped on something. That’s not embarrassing at all.

11. Why on earth am I telling him this story? He probably doesn’t care that my first words were from The Lion King. Am I talking too much?

12. Did he really think that was funny or was that just a pity laugh?

13. His friends are leaving and telling him to come with them. Why would they do this to us?

14. He’s saying goodbye, but he’s asking for my number just in case he has any “homework questions.” Right…

15. For not having any idea he was going to be here tonight, I think I kept my weird to an acceptable level.

16. Ahhhh he texted me! It’s just his name, but still, PROGRESS!

17. I didn’t make a complete fool out of myself. Nailed it.

Born and raised in Southern California, Ashley Farmer is a fourth year Communication Studies major with her eyes set on law school. When she isn't binge-watching something on Netflix, she spends her free time hanging out with her Kappa Delta sisters, crafting, and wearing more pink than anybody should.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.