At a time in which our society seems to be at odds with itself, it’s comforting to know that there are people out there who are willing to help and support everyone. The CW is a network that is known for airing some of our favorite shows. Currently one of their highest rated superhero shows, Supergirl is one that is breaking barriers and tackling our political climate head-on. Girl power is an important element that has been present since the very first episode of the show. Every week, it continues to inspire me to help those around me and try a little harder to make this world a better place, and if these quotes don’t make you feel the same, then I don’t know what will.
1. “If I’m going to be a hero and prove to everyone that I know what I’m doing, I’m gonna need practice. Start small, get better. And to do that, I’m gonna need your help.” –Supergirl
Don’t be afraid to ask for the support of others to guide you to the place you need to be in order to help those around you.
2. “In order to live, we must keep daring.” –Cat Grant
Anyone who watches the show recognizes that Cat knows what she’s talking about!
3. “This world is a crazy place right now. People acting, reacting. Escalating behaviors. What our lawmakers are doing. Sniping at each other, going round and round in circles, not doing any good. But like my father said, ‘There is great power in being the calm in the center of the storm. A beacon, to show the way.’” –J’onn J’onzz
In a world full of chaos, it is important to know that peace is the way to get out of the disarray.
4. “There is no correct path in life. You will lose your way many times. What’s important is that you find your way back to the brave girl you always were. Be wise, be strong and always be true to yourself.” –Alura Zor-El
The perfect advice from a mom! Never give up on being yourself and always rely on your bravery to get you through.
5. “Now, in each and every one of you, there is a light, a spirit that cannot be snuffed out. That won’t give up. I need your help again. I need you to hope. Hope that you will remember that you can all be heroes. Hope that when faced with an enemy determined to destroy your spirit, you will fight back and thrive. Hope that those who once may have shunned you will, in a moment of crisis, come to your aid. Hope that you will see again the faces of those you love. And perhaps even those you’ve lost.” –Supergirl
We all have the power within us to keep fighting for what is right and just. Just keep holding on, and it will be worth it.
6. “I didn’t get to where I am by running and hiding from a fight.” –Cat Grant
Success doesn’t come easy– keep fighting!
7. “I embraced who I am, and I don’t want to stop.” –Kara Danvers
Stay true to who you are, and everything will fall into place.
8. “Things are bad I know, but fighting amongst each other, that’s what they want us to do. Other aliens are not the enemy. And the more we fight each other, the more we distract each other from the real problems. They say we are dangerous, that’s what they want everyone to believe. Don’t let them be right about us.” –Supergirl
Just because someone may look different than you doesn’t mean they are bad. Join together in the fight and make people believe in being good to everyone no matter what.
9. “A woman with brains who gives up everything for love inevitably finds herself staring into an existential abyss that men, babies and cardio bars simply cannot fill. You are a smart and accomplished woman who needs to work or you will lose your confidence, your sense of identity and most importantly, your mind.” –Cat Grant
Always continue being the boss babe you are, and never let anyone take what you deserve away from you!
10. “What do you think is so bad about ‘girl?’ I’m a girl and your boss and powerful and rich and hot and smart. So, if you perceive Supergirl as anything less than excellent, isn’t the real problem you?” –Cat Grant
Cat Grant really is the keeper of all knowledge when it comes to being a woman.
11. “Finally, I realized some people are just bad. But you can learn to protect yourself.” –Lena Luthor
While you can’t change everyone’s minds, you can continue to save yourself and those around you who are inherently good.
Catch new episodes of Supergirl coming this April to The CW
Photo and gifs courtesy of The CW and giphy.com