10 Ways “Scandal” Represents Freshmen in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

With Scandal back on television after a two-month break, we couldn’t help but rejoice. Here’s how “Scandal” is like everyone’s freshman year in college:

1) Leaving your safe and familiar hometown for college can be scary and overwhelming, but in time you will embrace the change and fall in love with your school.

2) When you try to balance out your new lifestyle by going to the gym after feasting in the dining hall but you’re so caught up in your work that you can’t go and feel extremely guilty.

3) You learn that having a rival school to compete with is a lot of fun.

4) If you never liked coffee before you came to college, you will soon realize its importance in your life.

5) When you check your email and experience the feeling of your class or discussion being canceled. 

6) You impatiently wait for your enrollment pass time in the hopes that the classes you want don’t get filled. 

7) You never appreciated phone calls until you went to college, and realized how nice it is to be able to catch up with the friends and family you can’t see everyday. 

8) When you’re in the right building but you spend twenty minutes wandering the halls trying to find the room your class is in.

9) You are constantly searching for advice from the perfect mentor because you have a basic idea of what career you want to do for the rest of your life, but you have no idea how to get there. 

10) Finally, you finish your first year of college but you realize you have many more years to follow.   

If you love “Scandal” as much as we do, be sure to enter the PaleyFest ticket giveaway on our Facebook page or use the discount code “PFHC10” to see the cast in person!

Image and gifs courtesy of glamour.com and giphy.com

Megan is UCLA's Co-Campus Correspondent. She is a 4th year English major and Education Studies minor at UCLA. When she's not at a coffee shop reading, she loves going to the beach and trying different cuisines at new restaurants.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.