element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Unique Gifts Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

Because let’s face it, you’re on a budget.

With every year that passes, Chirstmas becomes less about what you want and more about what you want to give to the people you love. And how expensive that’s going to be. As college students, it’s especially hard because we’re always on a budget! That perfect gift for your best friend is always going to be just out of your price range. Thankfully, this gift guide has great ideas for unique gifts that can satisfy everyone on your ‘nice’ list and your wallet.

1. For the Battery Drainer ($17)

We all have that friend who’s always asking, “  Does anyone have a charger?”. This christmas make sure they always have a charger with them with this classy USB keychain. They’ll always have power on the go , and will finally be able to reply to all your snapchats! Let’s just hope they’re not the kind to lose their keys also

2. For the Makeup Artist ($10)

Whether your friend is the master of highlighting or doesn’t know the meaning of contour, the Sephora play box is perfect for all makeup lovers. This subscription box service sends 5 deluxe makeup samples from brands like TooFaced, GlamGlow and Lancôme. It’s a different set of products each month giving you a chance to try everything!

3. For the Night Owl ( $8)

We all have that friend that likes to stay up til 3 in the morning. Half the time they’re doing homework, the other half is spent watching netflix. Whatever your late night friend is up to, give them this super practical USB lamp light. They’ll be super grateful to not have to strain their eyes late at night.

4. For the Star Gazer ($18)

The downside of living in a city, it’s being unable to gaze at the stars. If you’ve ever gone camping, you know how beautiful the night sky is.This star projector will give any room a peaceful vibe and is a close second to chill nights under a starry sky.

5. For the Binge Watcher ($20)

Winter is coming. That means lots of binge watching this winter break as we catch up on our favorite series. Every serial binge watcher in your life will love the Binge Watching Survival kit it comes with all the necessary essentials: 2 drink coasters, sofa yoga guide, pack of tissues, pair of socks, 2 mini forks, a chip clip, deodorant, stain remover, hand sanitizer wipes, breath drops, floss and a “keep watching” decision coin. (May you should also gift yourself one)

6. For the Random Dance Party President ($20)

There’s no better way of releasing stress than playing Ke$ha as loudly as possible, dancing your heart out and worrying at least half your neighbors in the process. Add to your random dance party with a LED light show. These speaker’s contain LED lights that dance to “ Tik Tok ” almost as energetically as you do.

7. For the Lacquerista in your life. ($9)

Holosexual. If that word made you instantly picture your friend then this gift is for them. This shade shifting nail polish is the newest trend in the nail polish world, it constantly changes form a metallic blue, to fuschia and even a beautiful bronze.

8. For the Gardening Godess ($6)

If you’ve ever killed a succulent, you’ve probably realized the importance of good planting. You also probably didn’t take your gardening goddess friend’s advice that they needed a bigger planter. They could use this flower pot mug as a cute planter for the succulents they have to rescue from your care.

9. For the Skin Care Addict ($2)

Korean sheet masks have taken over the beauty world. You’ve probably noticed them in some of your favorite stores like Sephora or Urban Outfitters. The sheet masks are infused with ingredients  like tea tree oil to relieve skin outbreaks or red wine to tighten pores. You can even find some masks made with gold flakes. Our favorite is TONYMOLY’s  “ I’m Real “ sheet masks, guaranteed to make your skin feel pampered.

10. For the Candid Capturer. ($6)

You know that friend who loves to take pictures of everything? The one who’s polaroid camera is constantly blinding you because they want the perfect “candid”? This christmas give them the gift of displaying all their wonderful candids with a polaroid display magnet set. You might even display the ones you take on friendsmas , just make sure to smile!

Photos courtesy of Amazon.com 

Helen Zapata is a sophomore majoring in English at UCLA. Beyond writing she loves crafting, gardening, planning elaborate birthday parties and reading bad romance novels.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.