10 Songs That You Should Add To Your Playlist To Brighten Up Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCLA chapter.

During these difficult and concerning times, it can be easy to get into a funk. It can be hard to not feel hopeless, but these songs have helped me during those difficult moments. Whenever I hear the songs on this list, I get up and start jumping around, even if I look like a crazy person. It is something easy to take the edge off for just a few minutes of your day.

Future Looks Good – One Republic

This song is perfect for self-isolation. Even though it can be difficult to imagine a near future that looks good, this song gives me hope. It is all about the future looking good and it puts me in a happy mood.

Better Days – One Republic

Honestly, most of One Republic’s recent discography is very hopeful. This song wasn’t meant to tie in with COVID-19, but it happened to be released during this time. It is another hopeful song reminding me that today will pass and better days and moments will soon be here. 

Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles

It’s the Beatles, do I need to say anything more? This song is also iconic. The soft guitar combined with the vocals of the Beatles is a great song to listen to first thing in the morning. It makes me feel like my day will be great and that I am starting my day properly. 

Some Nights by fun. 

I used to listen to this song when I was with my friends, so this song is attached to a lot of memories. Although the lyrics can be very negative, I feel like they make you ponder at the same time. Every time I listen to this song, I reminisce. It makes me happy, and fun. is a great band.

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F) by Katy Perry

Just because we are all self isolating does not mean you cannot have a party! Get on a Zoom or FaceTime with friends, have a happy hour (if you are over 21) and dance the night away! Everything about this song is about having fun. It is great for dancing and guaranteeing you have a great time.

22 by Taylor Swift

Although most of us might not be in our Taylor Swift year (22), this song is such a mood. If you are, even better! “We’re happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time. It’s miserable and magical.” Do these lyrics not represent how everyone is feeling during quarantine? The song even tells us that if we keep dancing, everything will be alright.

Look at Her Now by Selena Gomez 

I listened to this song after a major breakup, and every time I heard it, it made me feel so empowered. I would look at myself in the mirror and remind myself of how far I had come and the fact that I was stronger because of the breakup. It is a very danceable song. You do not have to be going through heartbreak to listen to it. If you listen to it, look at yourself and remember, “look at you!” Let the song remind you of how great you are.

Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa

This is another iconic song about feeling like your best self after a breakup. If this song does not get you moving, I don’t know what will. Everyone I know who has listened to this song tells me that it gets them into a great mindset about themselves.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kalako’ole

Israel’s song is beyond beautiful and soothing. This song is about dreaming and looking to the beautiful things in life like a rainbow. Even though dreaming about days when we are not all isolating and do not have to wear masks seems silly, it is small dreams like that that can make a difference in our days.

Wannabe – Spice Girls

ICONIC SONG! Enough said.

Start listening and get moving!

Allison is a feature writer at UCLA who loves hanging out at the beach and eating any kind of dessert.
Her Campus at UCLA is a proud Elite Level Chapter in the Her Campus. Our team consists of talented writers, content creators, photographers, designers, event planners and more! Follow us @HerCampusUCLA and check out HerCampus.com/school/UCLA for more articles! Feel free to contact us at hc.ucla@hercampus.com for any questions.